PDA

View Full Version : problem with recordings

bobd
18-04-11, 16:18
hi all sorry to sound like a dim wit when i try to record. A message comes up and reads
we are really sorry your dreambox encouted a software problem and needs to be restartedbefore this issue when i tryed to recored the message was hdd disk full i know this is not so as i have a 1tera hd and have taken nealy every thing off it . i have looked in the system at the recording paths and they are
defaults/hddmovie
timer default move location
instent record move location
time shift location /media / hdd
i have tryed to move these to read /hdd/movie but when i go back they have gone back to the defaulf location i have a enigma 11 v 2
also a message reading was in order to recored the tv was swiched to the recording service really sorry this was long winded but your help much needed

Sicilian
18-04-11, 16:57
What image are you using on your Duo?

Zaxxman
18-04-11, 21:51
He is on the Vu+ Vix team image v2.0 guys, any help would be most appreciated as he is bending my ear about this :)

pooface
18-04-11, 22:10
Would it be possible to post a screenshot of your recording paths?!

Just wanna check everything is ok, as you mentioned /hddmovie, but, this should be /hdd/movie/. So, could be something is wrong there, and it's trying to write to the internal flash of the box or a directory that is not there...

Also, did you initialise your hdd via the settings menu? Also, what type of hdd? Internal sata, e-sata or usb??? Is it correctly set up in device manager?

Zaxxman
18-04-11, 23:31
its defo an internal sata drive, but it does look as though it may not be initialised properly although it was working fine on the Vix image before we upgraded to this one. If i get him to re-initialse the drive will it wipe the drive or just re-mount it?

plusser
19-04-11, 09:02
If i get him to re-initialse the drive will it wipe the drive or just re-mount it?

It will wipe it:
initialize = format

Have you tried menu>setup>system>hardidsk>filessytem check?