PDA

View Full Version : 'Jackass', 'Tron' join Virgin's 3D VOD

bassethound
18-04-11, 12:31
Virgin Media has today announced that two more 3D movies from Paramount Pictures and The Walt Disney Company will soon become available on its video on-demand platform.

Last September, the cable operator started offering a relatively modest selection of 3D films on-demand for subscribers with 3D-ready television sets.

The company has now agreed further deals with Paramount and Disney to launch two more 3D titles over the coming months: JackAss 3D and Tron: Legacy.

Aleks Habdank, director of on-demand television & strategy at Virgin Media, said: "We're thrilled to be adding this exciting range of new movies to our 3D video on-demand service from two of the biggest studios Paramount Pictures and Disney.

"Virgin Media pioneered 3D on-demand in the home last year, and we're continuing to deliver a range of 3D content that's available to all of our customers, and now coupled with our new TiVo-powered service we are able to provide viewers with the most compelling TV offering in the UK."

Virgin Media has also agreed a partnership with Samsung Electronics to use the manufacturer's 3D TV sets for demonstrations in its UK-wide network of retail stores.

sivhead
18-04-11, 12:50
I did notice last month that jackass 3d was briefly showing on the channel Sky movies 3d. it showed the start then went off. (i assumed they were testing)..

silverfox0786
18-04-11, 17:48
I did notice last month that jackass 3d was briefly showing on the channel Sky movies 3d. it showed the start then went off. (i assumed they were testing)..

na mate it was PPV

sky 3d shows selected current PPV movies on there so u can book one for 3D instead of SD or HD