PDA

View Full Version : remote streaming

mark_hopley
17-04-11, 16:51
I would like to dtream to amy android phone. What would be the easiest way to acheive this?

If I click on stream from the webif on a pc on my local network it opens the stream but if I do the same from a pc remotely using my dns name although it enters webif it does not connect when I click stream. Why is this?

punisher
17-04-11, 16:56
need high speed upload bandwidth to do it via straight from your duo, but a few people have been able to stream directly from a pc using vlc player ... have a look here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3643-Guide-to-stream-your-VU-Duo-over-the-WEB-using-VLC

jcm193
17-04-11, 17:43
I do this via my slingbox solo,its connected to my duo and to the internet I then can view it using slingplayer mobile. Iam able to change to any channel set recordings etc a great investment.

mark_hopley
17-04-11, 18:51
thanks for help. Dont really wanna spend any cash on a slingbox as I wont use it enough. I was hoping for a method of just accessing it while I'm out at last minute without having to plan in advance (ie make sure pc is running).

I'll give the vlc on pc method a go

cheers