PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Rescan

Blu-ray
17-04-11, 11:56
When doing a satellite rescan say on Catseyes 75e - 58w and your VU+ is on 28.2e when you start the scan does the dish move to all the satellites in turn as it does the rescan or does it do it all while dish is pointing to 28.2e.

Larry-G
17-04-11, 12:16
if your doing a complete rescan the dish would have to move to the other satellites otherwise the scan would not return any working channels, if your just rescanning the one satellite ie 28.2 east then it would not have to move from it's current position providing it was already pointing there in the first place.

i my self find the catseyes bouquets way to out of date for any practical use, i tend to use the Vhannibal sets my self with maybe the odd scan on 28.2 east every now and again.

catseye
17-04-11, 19:29
When doing a satellite rescan say on Catseyes 75e - 58w and your VU+ is on 28.2e when you start the scan does the dish move to all the satellites in turn as it does the rescan or does it do it all while dish is pointing to 28.2e.

When you go into scan mode you can either select one satellite or all sats

If you select only the one sat (28.2 East) that's the only one it will do

If you select all sats then it will move your dish & scan the sats you have set up in your sat conf menu

I update my settings file everyday but only tend to release a file every two weeks unless there are some major changes to the main sats

I have never had anyone until now say they are 'way out of date' for any practical use so i cant understand your logic with that comment

johndigital
17-04-11, 19:49
when using vhannibal, do you use dreambox edit?

Larry-G
17-04-11, 19:59
when using vhannibal, do you use dreambox edit?

yes you use dreamboxedit to transfer them to the box.
@ catseye as i said in my own experience i find them too out of date for my own personal use.