PDA

View Full Version : Spinning vix

Richy-G
14-04-11, 17:16
I seem to be getting a lot of spinning vix crashes lately on the latest update,

I have no extra plugins installed apart from auto install, the crashes just happen out of the blue when watching a channel and I have to reboot the box when it happens as I can't change channel or do anything.

I don't get any crash logs for these and they are switched on.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

punisher
14-04-11, 17:28
Do you have any picons stored anyhwhere?

jjp2701
14-04-11, 17:34
try a different imaage m8 and see if ok m8

Richy-G
14-04-11, 17:35
Do you have any picons stored anyhwhere?

I don't use picons m8

Maxwell
14-04-11, 18:26
make sure your EPG has downloaded ok, in my case this really only happens if the automatic download of EPG data has failed and its either trying again to download or is actually downloading

Richy-G
14-04-11, 18:44
make sure your EPG has downloaded ok, in my case this really only happens if the automatic download of EPG data has failed and its either trying again to download or is actually downloading

Possibly an epg issue as its set to download at 3 in morning and I have came down to find its froze on standby, cheers

HeRmAN
07-10-11, 19:10
I got this issue suddenly, long after I installed picons on the HDD, I moved them to a 1GB USB stick on the back of the box, re-booted the box and I seams to fix the problem.

My problem was that changing from one channel to another, opening recordings etc. the VIX spinner popped up/ the requested action was delayed.
Let's hope that this solved the issue forever.
Thanks for the tip :)

Larry-G
07-10-11, 19:13
it's a well known fact on all images that storing picons on a HDD can cause a lag in zapping channels of upto 7 seconds or more, due to the HDD having to spin up every single time you change a channel. it is always recommended that you store your picons on a usb stick.