PDA

View Full Version : Slow ftp speeds

JeTTBLaCK
01-06-10, 17:41
Hi folks.

I've been ftp'ing files from my pc to the harddisk installed in my Vuplus Duo to watch on media player. Speeds start off initially quite well around 2Mb across my wireless network but then drop off to only 95k or slower.

The hard disk is a 1.5Tb Samsung Ecogreen drive which will go into powersave mode after a number of minutes configured in the hard drive settings. However - if I'm playing files held on the drive I find it unlikely that the drive has spun down so that shouldn't be a factor.

The issue arises with largish files (4Gb plus) and doesn't depend on filetype. Are there recommended settings for the ftp client (passive over active for example) or is this a known problem?

Thanks

JeTTBLaCK
01-06-10, 20:11
To answer my own post - it looks to be related to my wireless router. I've switched to another router and now the transfer is back up around the 1.1Mb per second mark. Might just move the now surplus one to another part of the house or put it on flea bay.

Cheers

dmac
05-11-11, 10:23
Hi,
I'm having the exact same issue, i don't have another wireless router to switch to, but wonder if there are any other options?

deckymckeown
09-11-11, 17:16
Hi,
I'm having the exact same issue, i don't have another wireless router to switch to, but wonder if there are any other options?

You could always use another external hard drive/stick, connect it to your PC. Transfer the files you need to this hard drive and connect it to the front slot of the Vu

You can then transfer files from the file browser within the menu from one hard drive to the other. A lot faster, especially if you want to transfer a number of files from your PC to the Vu