PDA

View Full Version : Far too much time on my hands, ends up in a bad day

bob1
01-06-10, 16:57
Got a few days of work ,nothing to do but play with the duo:bored:.

Started off this morning , i decided to flash with the new vti image this went ok upto the network wizard ,it didn't matter what i did it just wouldn't work, after a few reboots and messing with the router i got it working (never had that before).

Had a little play and then thought i would put meo boot back on ,no devices found:confused:,red button format your device here ,it said something about a usb device so i went along with it, nothing happened just took me back to the same screen, oh well just carried on playing,set everything up all working fine until i checked the hdd ,everything had been deleted ,it must have been the meoboot format:(.

After a liitle more playing round with vti i still preferred DE ,usb back in and flashed with DE it flashed i rebooted ,loading defaults and then just stuck there ,turned the box off back on and got no video output at all :smash:,i then flash with the original image and it did the exact same:mad:.
I then removed the hdd and this time booted up no problem ,put the hdd back in didn't work:smash::smash::smash:, at this point i was looking for a long piece of rope and a strong branch:coffin:.

In the end ,not that its the end yet i put the hdd in the pc and zeroed it ,put it back in the duo and now its working again ,i just need to put DE back on and explain to the wife what has happened to all the recordings:lol3:.

Sorry about the excessive use of smiley's:D

Sicilian
01-06-10, 17:12
PMSL :roflmao: this made good reading lol

First meoboot, it dont work with latest VTI 1.1, a member posted here about it a couple of days ago:D

Not sure about the network settings, sometime I've found the router needs a reboot as it acts as the DCHP server.

Glad you got the HDD thing sorted.

One thing you must do with the DE image mount the drive correctly in device manager, press blue button then blue button again for extra settings. I also found that the DE image initializes/formats drives here faster too.

Any-way's sounds like your boredom went away pretty fast :roflmao:

bob1
01-06-10, 17:24
PMSL :roflmao: this made good reading lol

First meoboot, it dont work with latest VTI 1.1, a member posted here about it a couple of days ago:D

Now you tell me:D.
The tv is been used so i can't even set it back up till later ,probably the same time some one is screaming that they can't even watch tv.

mark_hopley
01-06-10, 17:43
Got a few days of work ,nothing to do but play with the duo:bored:.

Started off this morning , i decided to flash with the new vti image this went ok upto the network wizard ,it didn't matter what i did it just wouldn't work, after a few reboots and messing with the router i got it working (never had that before).

Had a little play and then thought i would put meo boot back on ,no devices found:confused:,red button format your device here ,it said something about a usb device so i went along with it, nothing happened just took me back to the same screen, oh well just carried on playing,set everything up all working fine until i checked the hdd ,everything had been deleted ,it must have been the meoboot format:(.

After a liitle more playing round with vti i still preferred DE ,usb back in and flashed with DE it flashed i rebooted ,loading defaults and then just stuck there ,turned the box off back on and got no video output at all :smash:,i then flash with the original image and it did the exact same:mad:.
I then removed the hdd and this time booted up no problem ,put the hdd back in didn't work:smash::smash::smash:, at this point i was looking for a long piece of rope and a strong branch:coffin:.

In the end ,not that its the end yet i put the hdd in the pc and zeroed it ,put it back in the duo and now its working again ,i just need to put DE back on and explain to the wife what has happened to all the recordings:lol3:.

Sorry about the excessive use of smiley's:D

Funny as Fook!

satmanbasil
01-06-10, 21:43
Hi mate

I came across this problem with network not working after config but i found out that if you switch off the receiver from the rear and restart this boots the network config...seems just restart via remote wont do the trick.

regards
satmanbasil

bob1
02-06-10, 19:10
Now you tell me:D.
The tv is been used so i can't even set it back up till later ,probably the same time some one is screaming that they can't even watch tv.

Yes i was correct ,plenty of "what have you done now that box is a load of crap,how long is is going to be now ,why didn't you sort it earlier ,what you playing at etc... etc..":baby::D
I did tell her they might be a software upgrade later and it will be happening again:D:D

Sicilian
02-06-10, 19:16
I did tell her they might be a software upgrade later and it will be happening again:D:D

Good planning! :roflmao: