PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Replacement

MKD
14-04-11, 11:49
Ok just sold my VU here now i'm looking for a replacement (must be open source) i was looking @ the Duolabs QBox HD Mini it seems a nice box but lack off CCcam support as a server is putting me off, then there is the TM800HD still another single tuner but yet again support not too good either :(

Any recomendations out there / user experiances to help me along as £200 is waiting for WOS for my next purchase hehehe and its burning a hole

Mark

Sicilian
14-04-11, 11:53
If you want something true open source with a choice of images I would look at the Solo @ £249. Although the TM-800 has really improved of late, more and more images are starting to emerge http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Vu-SOLO-Single-Tuner-HD-PVR-DVB-S2-Satellite-Receiver

pooface
14-04-11, 11:59
lol, for your requests, I would recommend the vu duo... Not sure really why you sold it :p

Only other options are the vu solo, or et5000 or et9000 imo...

Sicilian
14-04-11, 12:02
lol, for your requests, I would recommend the vu duo... Not sure really why you sold it :p

Only other options are the vu solo, or et5000 or et9000 imo...

ET-5000 not available in UK yet.

sivhead
14-04-11, 12:07
Can you hold out for the Vu Uno or Ultimo ? wont be long

Sicilian
14-04-11, 12:18
Can you hold out for the Vu Uno or Ultimo ? wont be long

Cant see the Uno being £249 and I'm pretty sure the Ultimo will be more expensive than the Duo.

jjp2701
14-04-11, 12:20
go for the solo m8, very good box, i think solo is better than duo for pic quality m8, in my opinion

bassethound
14-04-11, 12:32
I would recommend a twin tuner Qbox mini great box for a great price got mine from the site sponsor

the support it getting better now that SIF team are supporting the box now

the only warning is that you need to be competent in using linux images and ftp/telnet

MKD
14-04-11, 12:53
Yeah i'm an old hat at cmd/telnet/ftp , was thinking closer to the QBox from here with the extra tuner . Sly card run ok on it ? i hope so . plus this oscam i used 1 card for all rooms is that still possible (not asking for help here lads~) just need to know if it works as both client/server lol

Sicilian
14-04-11, 12:57
Yeah i'm an old hat at cmd/telnet/ftp , was thinking closer to the QBox from here with the extra tuner . Sly card run ok on it ? i hope so . plus this oscam i used 1 card for all rooms is that still possible (not asking for help here lads~) just need to know if it works as both client/server lol

I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure the Qbox will work as client/server using Oscam. Please remember though that card sharing can't be discussed here.

MKD
14-04-11, 13:14
Ok cheers seems i have made my mind up , one thing thou the cpu seems alot slower than the vu how responsive is the GUI is it laggy like the DM800

mmcmedia
14-04-11, 13:18
If u sold your duo to replace it with a qbox mini youve made a big mistake the qbox is a lot slower than vu duo although as mentioned theres is more support for it more recently but if you want to save a few quids a qbox would be ok and the other part we cannot mention isnt to bad either radar is better than oscam

Sicilian
14-04-11, 13:18
Ok cheers seems i have made my mind up , one thing thou the cpu seems alot slower than the vu how responsive is the GUI is it laggy like the DM800

Prob a bit like a DM800 if I'm honest. Boot time is slow, but once booted its a nice receiver. For the money I dont think you can really go wrong.

bassethound
14-04-11, 13:52
boot time is slower than a duo/solo but once its setup and running its just like any other good E2 box channel zapping is a fraction slower than the duo/solo

there are plenty of good plugins/skins coolepg works great

MKD
14-04-11, 16:11
cheers m8 , just ordered one from sponsor with an extra tuner :P , i'm sure cccam will come to the unit at some point cheers for ya help peoples