PDA

View Full Version : Have i got the correct tuner in my dream box 800 hd pvr for uk use?

NKMOTORS
12-04-11, 10:02
Hi all, I thought I give my dream box 800hd pvr sat receiver another try after 2 months on the shelf. I was never able to get a picture on any channel even though I had a strong signal and I know I was on the right sat as I tried my old receiver and got a good picture, I set the this box up text book style but still no joy. Only just thought may be its the tuner in the box even though it’s a new box, it was purchase from Japan. I notice some of the tuners for sale on eBay end with numbers: 401A but my numbers on my tuner are: ALPS BSBE2-801A. Could this be my problem for no picture?
Thanks
Nick

pooface
12-04-11, 11:14
Having a look on the net, and it seems that tuner is ok for the dm800...

But, since you bought it from Japan, it's probably a clone?! If so, I would suggest that it is because it's a clone that it's not working... Chances are it's bad capacitors etc. Also, could be, that you're using a legit image, but since it's a clone, you need a clone image?!

We don't support clones, and as such, I don't have any information that I could guide you with ... sorry.

silverfox0786
12-04-11, 23:09
the latest tuner is the is rev M

Tuner DVB-S2 BSBE2-801A for DM800HD PRO Latest (PRO REV M)

email the sponsor and im sure he can get u one

the price range around 60 quid for one [but dont quote me]

edit: forgot to say these tuners work on all motherboards Revision ~J or L

IAmATeaf
01-05-11, 22:05
I think he's saying that he already has the 801A tuner, therefore a rev M.

You need to set the tuner up before you can scan or receive channels, the other thing to try is dumping a bouquet onto the box.