PDA

View Full Version : motorised setup some help please

hifial
11-04-11, 21:22
I've setup my motorised system (vu+ duo) as per the guides on the net and i'm nearly there I think! But I cannot pick up any sats beyond 19.2

I'm in N Ireland with a 1.1m dish

I'll list my steps

I set up my dish/rotar to due souh
input my long/lat
select 1w thor
aligned dish with a meter to 70% strength
Thor works fine
move to 13 hotbird with receiver no problem 60%
move to 19.2 astra with receiver no problem 70%
but when i go to badr or astra 28.2 no signal on receiver or meter

I though I might be out slightly so i re aligned the dish @ 19.2 to 90% signal and then moved to 28.2 again but no joy

any advice would be great

bmitie
12-04-11, 15:18
ok, i wrote a reply but not logged in!! so here goes again.

1. use 5 west as your refernce sat, its more accurate, france 0 is FTA and globecast is a test card. one is v other is h.

2. you dont say make of dish or motor, have you set elevation on dish and motor correctly.

3, can you see sky clearly, nothing in way, tall trees etc.

4. use dishpointer to get exact lat/ long

5. when i have best possible signal on reference sat i tweak lnb on 16east film action as these are weak. nb quality is more importnat than signal strength, with 1.1m you should get very high quality on 5west, tune lnb as well by moving it in and out to get best focal length. on reference sat lnb is dead straight ie no skew.

6. a good lnb is very important, what have you got.

7. NB everthing must be staright ie 100% perpendicular, sats are 27,000 miles away!

good luck

ps i have a spider 9000hd

dathai60
13-04-11, 23:53
motor at 55 degree's i find best, am in co louth should be same for you.

portbhoy
14-04-11, 00:16
It may be that your just on a dead transponder, try looking for a strongest transponder list and look for that one on the sat. Also in your part of the world Badr will be a little hit and miss so I wouldn't rely on any signals from that. Do as the op says and setup on 5 west also do all adjustments on that sat.

tomthebomb1968
14-04-11, 00:41
Im Just outside Belfast, and replaced my 90Cm with a 110cm and a black ultra lnb last week. Dish setup on 5W and hitting+ 90% on 13E and 19.2E no problem. You will get some transponders on 26 but not a great deal. Once your on 5W use France 2 on 11591 V 20000 2/3 to peak your signal. Its a good strong FTA channel and you should be able to hit 98% SNR.

hifial
14-04-11, 15:41
Thankyou so much for your help all setup now, working of 5w made the difference

bmitie
14-04-11, 16:38
Glad your sorted and thanks for getting back. If you want to make your dish really fly, get a black ultra lnb unless you have one already. There are 2 types and this is the real one INVERTO BLACK ULTRA QUAD LNB IDLB-QUDL40-ULTRA-OPP.

happy viewing