PDA

View Full Version : Streaming movies part 2

Maverick120
01-06-10, 11:32
Ok have read through http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO but still no joy .
I'm using Windows 7 64, set up on Lan with 2 other computers
MalPC, RichPC(both hard wired ) DanPC and my Vu(hard wired)
Computer can access all, Vu can see MalPC and RichPC in network browser but will not expand.
Have disabled firewall and disabled antivirus (Avast) just incase , still nothing.

Sicilian
01-06-10, 11:44
What image are you using?

grtmoby
01-06-10, 11:47
in windows 7 try to enable media streaming....

to do this do the following:

control panel> network and sharing center > media streaming options, click on :turn on media streaming....

Maverick120
01-06-10, 12:15
I'm on Dream Elite , media streaming is on . Thing is sometimes now, Vu isn't visible in Network places, sometimes it is but I can ftp it.

Sicilian
01-06-10, 12:17
I'm on Dream Elite , media streaming is on . Thing is sometimes now, Vu isn't visible in Network places, sometimes it is but I can ftp it.

Have you followed what this post says http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO&p=2724&viewfull=1#post2724

Maverick120
01-06-10, 16:41
Have you followed what this post says http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO&p=2724&viewfull=1#post2724

No, because then I would have to reboot/logoff/on the computer and login as Vu whatever which defeats the whole point. I need the computer as normal so I can do what I want while the kids can watch what ever.

Sicilian
01-06-10, 16:44
No, because then I would have to reboot/logoff/on the computer and login as Vu whatever which defeats the whole point. I need the computer as normal so I can do what I want while the kids can watch what ever.

The user account is there simply for the VU+ Duo to access the shared folder on the PC, you will not have to log in out or anything. If the main user account has a password you can simply use that for the username and password ;)

Maverick120
01-06-10, 18:00
I need it to access everything (like my other computers do) as is and where it is not to keep moving files around to suit the Vu

Sicilian
01-06-10, 18:29
I need it to access everything (like my other computers do) as is and where it is not to keep moving files around to suit the Vu

That would mean mounting your whole system drive as a single mount.

Maverick120
01-06-10, 18:38
Just a folder E:/Movies.
I had a problem like this before when my old computer in my shed was running vista and would see my computer(via wireless) but would not connect even though I entered the password.
I put it down to extra security in Win7 as when I reinstalled shed computer with Win 7 everything ok. Homegroup seemed to play a part
Ive tried reducing encryption settings but no good

Maverick120
02-06-10, 12:32
Ok have done exactly as you said in http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO&p=2724&viewfull=1#post2724
when I press red button, save, none found and I'm back at the welcome wizard. I new it wasn't that simple Win 7 is a pig at times.

zappahey
02-06-10, 22:01
I'm not convinced that Windows is at fault here as I had exactly the same behaviour with DE 1.3.2. I changed to the forum branded Open PLi and it was fine.

My colleague, however, is having the same problem and moving to Open PLi didn't solve the problem.

I tried a lot of things and I was getting permission errors if I tried to mount from the command line. I have a hunch (no more than a hunch) that there might be a bug in the installation routine that doesn't set file permissions properly.

In short, it might be worth trying another image or another install of the same image.

Maverick120
03-06-10, 15:30
Thanks for that will have a look, as I said i had a major problem when my 1 computer ran vista, tried for days to sort that, never did.
I dont think its worth too much hassle , will just play movies through PC on second monitor connection, this way freed up my HDMI socket on TV, will have to carry on with YPbPr.

Sicilian
03-06-10, 15:41
Going by what you posted in post no.11 of this thread, try re-booting the Duo prior to running the wizard and following my guide.

Maverick120
03-06-10, 15:46
I've re-booted the poor thing that many times lately it don't know if its on or off.
Tried that at the time Sic , no use. Having a new modem and broadband connection in a fortnight and will probably totally reinstall the whole thing and try again.