PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ duo setup help

sanj107
04-04-11, 17:24
i brought a box that was already configured. so when i plugged everything in, the channels worked. i have vix 2.0 image.
so i brought a hard drive.1tb. i have initialize in vix image 1.3 for some reason i read. which worked.
now i have put vix image 2.0 back on, everything has gone. the bouquets. the cccam. everything.
none of the online tutorials help me.
i have a sk*y dish already. i have no idea what to do.
all ive done is installed bouqets list for sk*y. iv ftp the cccam 2.2.0 but it doesnt seem to show it in softcam/Cl.
can someone guide me what to do from scratch

would be very much appreciated
thanks

Stanman
04-04-11, 17:48
When you install an image it will iverwrite everything thats on the box - bit like installing fresh windows.

When you FTP the cam where did you put it, it needs to gointo TMP and than use the IPK installed in the vix menu.

If you go to the download section, you will see a multitude of bouquets for just 28.2E use silverfoex - best set you will find.

In the future always back up before you do a image flash - I tend to back up th whole image it makes reverting vey simple if there are any problems

pabble
04-04-11, 22:57
When you install an image it will iverwrite everything thats on the box - bit like installing fresh windows.

When you FTP the cam where did you put it, it needs to gointo TMP and than use the IPK installed in the vix menu.

If you go to the download section, you will see a multitude of bouquets for just 28.2E use silverfoex - best set you will find.

In the future always back up before you do a image flash - I tend to back up th whole image it makes reverting vey simple if there are any problems

hi, how do u back up the full image? cheers

basilyoung
05-04-11, 00:41
@ pabble

Please start your own thread, its poor form to detract from the orig posters question

@ sanj107

Its obvious that the unit was prepared for you, well beyond our rules, as it was set up with a card share, ( read the forum rules ) So your best option is to contact who ever you bought it from, for the help you need, regarding the cam setup etc

We can only assist you with getting the unit working, ie, dish setup, image set up, and point you in the right direction to set up soft cams, but no help with the configuration of soft cams

baz

sanj107
05-04-11, 01:03
thank for the replies.
well ive transferred the bouquets.
the channels all show in the list. only freesat channels work atm.
when i try installing the cccam 2.2.0 it just goes to black screen, says installing - but only one line. on the picture on the tutorial it has multiple lines and then says finshed. mine just says installing, then says reboot GUI? its really bugging me.!

basilyoung
05-04-11, 01:09
reloading cccam, via a ipk file, is simple, but your unit will still be FTA, until your surplied cccam.cfg file is reloaded, so you need to contact your supplier, along with instructions

its a bit late, for me to piont you in the right direction...as I am about to crash out

fintannl
05-04-11, 02:22
if you had all channels when you received the box then i do wonder where you got it from. the standard box arrives with a standard image and not much else. maybe you need to talk to your supplier. for sure you will not get any answers on this forum other than how to receive fta channels on your box!

basilyoung
06-04-11, 00:54
24 hours on,

2 post, no intro, apparently not read the rules??

its obvious that the unit was bought from a pay server

bottom line is, anyone buying such a unit, should make sure they understand that no surport can be given here

razor1
14-04-11, 21:08
Hi I installed this image recently using my orginal setting from v 1.3 which was installed for me. I am no longer able to view sats at 16e and 1.w nor can i see external hard drives when i attach them using easy media before i could do this and watch movies already on drive. Last but not least on many channels particularly sky italia i get tune failed or similar in message box.

Can any one point me in the direction of a fools guide on how to install this image from scratch getting everything right:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help

razor1
15-04-11, 15:18
Hi I installed this image recently using my orginal setting from v 1.3 which was installed for me. I am no longer able to view sats at 16e and 1.w nor can i see external hard drives when i attach them using easy media before i could do this and watch movies already on drive. Last but not least on many channels particularly sky italia i get tune failed or similar in message box.

Can any one point me in the direction of a fools guide on how to install this image from scratch getting everything right:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help

No worries sorted all's well sort of....................:confused: