PDA

View Full Version : Support for ET5000 by VIX Team?

kleinerjunge
03-04-11, 21:58
Hi!

PLI team already supports this box that will be available on the market in the next days. Will VIX Team support this receiver too? That would be GREAT!

cu
KJ

andyblac
03-04-11, 22:06
Hi!

PLI team already supports this box that will be available on the market in the next days. Will VIX Team support this receiver too? That would be GREAT!

cu
KJ

well as there is no boxes to test on, it is impossible to be 100% certain that any image will run. as for will we support it, well we added support (theoretical) to include the et5000 before pli did, we just need a box to test it on.

http://openvix.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openvix/openembedded;a=commit;h=8fa1480ab97a76b504191073c1 7cb9f0472326f2

also looking trough the pli git, i would not trust it at all, there using the firmware for the VFD from the ET9000 and not the correct firmware for the ET5000.

so use at your own risk.

the ViX team will not release an image to the public that has NOT been tested, we do not want you to brick your box, we just work like that.

Andy.

kleinerjunge
03-04-11, 22:11
Well, nice to here that you will support it as soon as it will be available!!

Thx!!!

cu
KJ

silverfox0786
04-04-11, 05:09
you never know we may even support this ugly thing :lol3: if it ever comes to market

400MHz MIPS processor
* CPU: BCM7405
* HDTV H.264 hardware
* plug & play Tuner
* Tuner: DVB-S, optional: DVB-C, DVB-T
* OSD Linux operating system
* 10/100 Ethernet LAN port
* colored OLED display
* integrated fan
* 3 x USB 2.0 ports.
* 1 x SATA for internal HDD
* 1 x eSATA External
* 1 x HDMI output
* 1 x YUV output
* 2 x Common Interface slots
* 2 x card readers installed
* Multimedia video / audio streaming over network
* S / PDIF Dolby Digital AC3 output
* 2 Scart (RGB, CVBS or S-Video)
* RS232 interface
* 8MB Separate boat storage (bootloader can not be damaged!)
* 128MB Flash / 512 MB DDR Memory
* DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 USALS
* Media Player
* Direct Download Plugin
* PIP (Picture in Picture)

wte
08-04-11, 02:12
FPVERSION_et5000 = "10"
FPVERSION_et9000 = "10"
SRC_URI = " \
http://www.et-view.com/download/fpupdate-${PV}.zip \
http://www.et-view.com/download/avrmain-${MACHINE}-${FPVERSION}.hex \

So firmware for frontpanel is good, it takes nicely the FP software of ET5000 model :)

Sicilian
08-04-11, 05:11
Well, nice to here that you will support it as soon as it will be available!!

Thx!!!

cu
KJ

As far as we know the ET-5000 is xTrend only not Clarke-Tech. We have not been approached by xTrend to support the ET-5000 nor have the team been offered any hardware for development.

andyblac
08-04-11, 15:55
FPVERSION_et5000 = "10"
FPVERSION_et9000 = "10"
SRC_URI = " \
http://www.et-view.com/download/fpupdate-${PV}.zip \
http://www.et-view.com/download/avrmain-${MACHINE}-${FPVERSION}.hex \

So firmware for frontpanel is good, it takes nicely the FP software of ET5000 model :)

yup our git has been ready for ages

kleinerjunge
08-04-11, 21:38
As far as we know the ET-5000 is xTrend only not Clarke-Tech. We have not been approached by xTrend to support the ET-5000 nor have the team been offered any hardware for development.

What does that mean? You don't support it? I already discovered the et5000 (xtrend) on a reliable german Online-Shop. Price: 269 Euro. Receiver is on stock.

cu
KJ

pooface
08-04-11, 21:42
What does that mean? You don't support it? I already discovered the et5000 (xtrend) on a reliable german Online-Shop. Price: 269 Euro. Receiver is on stock.

cu
KJ

It means, we have no boxes that we can test this with... Without having a box to test this with, we cannot be sure whether the image will work with the box, never mind whether it will be stable... Hence, we won't release an image. We want to ensure that our images work fine with the box, and that everything runs perfectly!

kleinerjunge
08-04-11, 21:53
Ok, but what is the problem? That xTrend didn't provide for you a box for free? Or was it the problem that until now the box wasn't available?

cu
KJ

silverfox0786
09-04-11, 02:01
Ok, but what is the problem? That xTrend didn't provide for you a box for free? Or was it the problem that until now the box wasn't available?

cu
KJ

well we are hobbiest and make these images as a hobbie and to make our veiwing of a receiver more pleasureable at the moment the team possesses Vu+ DUO's Vu+Solo's Clarke Tech ET-9000

so for us to have a pleasurable experience we made the image to help us and also at the same time help you

The Xtrend ET-5000 is a machine that none of us possess so we cannot build a image for it as extensive testing is needed before release

As for FREE boxes well just to make an image i dont see any of the team paying out money on a box to make an image unless its a box that one member is to buy anyway so it would be nice of Xtrend to make the offer of giving us a test box if they wish to see the VIX image supported on the box.

Otherwise ET-5000 and VIX will have to wait till one of the team members buys the box

Hope this clears up yr confusion

Sicilian
09-04-11, 06:51

cu
KJ

Do you expect us to every new receiver that comes along? You could offer to buy us hardware so that can fast track an image just for you :p

Sicilian
09-04-11, 06:53

cu
KJ

Theres no problem, we just dont have the hardware atm, simple. We cant just go out and buy every new receiver that comes along. If xTrent or anyone else want to donate receivers to us then we'll happily produce and image.

Larry-G
09-04-11, 06:55
sadly some people dont realize the real cost it takes to produce a FREE image. especially when the boxes cost several hundred £££'s. no one here is asking for freebies but no one is going to rush out and buy one just so you can get your free image either.

Enzo
09-04-11, 08:39
Hi,I think,Xtrend Et5000 must first spread before starting other teams to build Images.Xtrend is a new brand and that takes time.

kleinerjunge
09-04-11, 09:23
Hi guys!

No no no, i didn't want to express myself in the wrong way.

Of course, I imagined myself that VIX team makes images for receivers they own themselves. And that was the reason for my question! "Do you always have to buy the receivers or did you ever get a receiver from manufacturer for free?"

Because of the fact, that hardware of et5000 is very good in my opinion, it would be worth to build 3rd party images for it!

This thread could also be an appeal to xtrend to provide a free box for VIX team. Or maybe you could ask for that? I don't know.

For me just one thing is important: I don't buy this box if there is no support from VIX and PLI team. Well, PLI team already supports it. Waiting for VIX team now. Because VIX images ARE GREAT!!!

But no problem, I can wait ;)

cu
KJ

Enzo
09-04-11, 11:09
I'm waiting for the Ct Et8000, with change tuner and OLED display :coffee:

Blu-ray
09-04-11, 11:30
As we are on the subject of support for new satellite receivers will the new VU+ULTIMA be able to use the VU+DUO image or will it be a complete new one as with the ET 9000 or just tweeked for the 3rd tuner.

silverfox0786
09-04-11, 11:32
As we are on the subject of support for new satellite receivers will the new VU+ULTIMA be able to use the VU+DUO image or will it be a complete new one as with the ET 9000 or just tweeked for the 3rd tuner.

every receiver has its own image

even if the hardware is same or slightly different

take dm800hd and dm800se for e.g. both different images but yet almost same box

Blu-ray
09-04-11, 11:42
Saw this new Blackhole image for the new VU+ UNO, does this mean you have or are working on a VIX image for the new UNO & ULTIMO, http://sat-life.info/showthread.php?p=50034

Larry-G
09-04-11, 11:44
Saw this new Blackhole image for the new VU+ UNO, does this mean you have or are working on a VIX image for the new UNO & ULTIMO, http://sat-life.info/showthread.php?p=50034

yes we will be fully supporting both the uno & ultimo.

Blu-ray
09-04-11, 12:03
If you are working on the new images for the uno & ultimo have you been told when the new VU+ULTIMA will be on sale.

andyblac
10-04-11, 02:10
yes we will be fully supporting both the uno & ultimo.

if any of us get any boxes ;)

sivhead
14-04-11, 09:08
if any of us get any boxes ;)

I did email Vu asking them to donate you an uno and ultimo.... did not get a response... but they would be silly not to... IMO its this forum/Image creation that has put VU in the mainstream...

Enzo
15-04-11, 16:24
Blindscan for Et5000

Blindscan function is added as an option in manual search:

Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Manual Scan -> Type of Scan
Choice Blindscan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Install Blindscan
Place the file in the root of your storage medium.
If you don't have any storage medium then you can place the file in the internal flash of your box

To install the plugin please go to follow menu

Menu -> Setup -> Software Management -> Install local extension

Select the medium where the plugin is on.
Now install the plugin and when finished restart enigma or the box

silverfox0786
15-04-11, 20:20
will this plufin work in et 9000 or or is there a dif one for it or none at all

vuplus nl can u test this for us and see how it works please

Enzo
15-04-11, 21:19

That is the Reply :
It's at moment only available for the ET5000 model this because there was a major audio issue with RCA. So we prelaunched the drivers for ET5000.

We will not prelaunche any ET9000 drivers. By the next official driver release we will probably activate the blindscan option.

Friends if it continues like this, the ET9000 still depend DM8000 ;)

Sicilian
15-04-11, 23:34

Blindscan for ET9000 coming soon ;)

Huevos
20-04-11, 22:13
Blindscan for Et5000

Blindscan function is added as an option in manual searchHow long does it take to search a satellite in blind scan mode with that box?

kleinerjunge
20-04-11, 23:24
You may ask this question in PLI Forum, where someone already has this box!

cu
KJ

Larry-G
20-04-11, 23:30
You may ask this question in PLI Forum, where someone already has this box!

cu
KJ

nothing wrong with him asking that question here. there are members here with that box.

Enzo
21-04-11, 00:26
nothing wrong with him asking that question here. there are members here with that box.

yes VU+ NL has the box, maybe he can say something about it.