PDA

View Full Version : internet

cozy
31-05-10, 17:17
god have i been having trouble connecting box to network with home plug ,wireless etc ,changed firmware tons of times still no joy then read a post from ******* about home plug plugged into extension ,changed it to a socket walah worked straight away what a plonker ive been ,cheers *******:D

Stanman
31-05-10, 17:33
Yes, they have to be plugged directly into the socket, thats why I bought comtrend ones with the plug on top.

woody
01-06-10, 07:07
Yes, they have to be plugged directly into the socket, thats why I bought comtrend ones with the plug on top.

mines comes from an extention all the time and have never had this problem

Monty
01-06-10, 09:46
I have heard that it could depend on what else is connected to the extension. 1 guy had problems getting anything to work on his network using homeplugs, it turned out a small power adapter that ran a halogen desk lamp was the problem, once it was unplugged from the extension, his problems vanished.

Sicilian
01-06-10, 09:53
Personally I use one of these
http://www.buffalo-technology.com/products/wireless/wireless-n-nfiniti-dual-band/wli-tx4-ag300n-wireless-n-nfiniti-dual-band-ethernet-converter/

khan
10-06-10, 23:52
hi
i had similar problem using extension moved the plug on the first socket where mains wire comes in worked ok.