PDA

View Full Version : What A Carry On !

lammy1961
02-04-11, 22:27
Just spent most of the day trying different images, I started off with BlackHole 1.4.6 then I tried VTI 2.5, then after that VIX 2.1 and then I ended up putting my back-up image of VIX 2.0........I wasn't happy with BlackHole 1.4.6 because it kept disconnecting from CCcam.....So I thought I would try the others in the order shown above, but with all of them I could not find anything on 10 east and 16 east, so after 5 or so hours I gave up and re-flashed my back-up VIX 2.0 image and all is well.....I'm really wanting to go with VIX 2.1 as it seems to be a very stable image, with lots of support on here.......So where am I going wrong......I can flash the image no problem, set up the network side of it........But where I fall down is the scanning of satellites part....
I only use 0.8 w, 4.8 east, 9 east, 10 east, 13 east, 15.8 east, 19.2 east and 28.2 east.....So what should I do ?
Do I get a satellites.xml file (consisting of only the afore mentioned) ?........Y/N...Where does it go ?

Then do I scan the satellites ?
I would also like to use the customised version of Catseye E2 Settings that I created.......At what stage do I send that to the box with dbedit ?
Is there a bit of a tutorial available explaining the satellite scanning part.

Thanks in advance.

basilyoung
02-04-11, 23:22
http://www.satellites-xml.eu/

this link might help

the xml file goes in var/tuxbox

I use dream box edit, to transferr my frav channel list,
which would be done once the unit is fully booted

I normally transferr from the unit first, to a seperate folder
then save
then go to my preferred sat lit folder,..and relad it to the unit

lammy1961
02-04-11, 23:42
Thanks basilyoung.
So I flash the new image set up the network and so on, download a custom satellites.xml file and put it in var/tuxbox....Then reboot ?
Then transfer my custom bouquets using dbedit.
Do I now scan all the satellites that I use (as per satellites.xml)
or will the custom bouquets have all the channels I need ?

Thanks.

basilyoung
03-04-11, 00:12
if your list is upto date, then there will be no need to scan channels

pooface
03-04-11, 00:53
Why not restore you image where satellites working fine, then, using dreamboxedit, or dreamset, download the channel config from that box Then, update to the 2.1 image, and restore the channel settings?!

lammy1961
03-04-11, 05:01
Yes.....It's a customised version of Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-58 West 20.03.2011.

Thanks for all the help, I was under the impression that you had to scan the satellites after a reflash, so does that mean I don't need to download a satellites.xml file to put into var/tuxbox ?

Thanks.

lammy1961
03-04-11, 05:48
What about setting up Tuner A and Tuner B Currently set as (Simple, Single on 28.2)
But Tuner A is "Advanced"
Also what determines what satellites are available in the "Reception Settings" under the "Satellite" option ?
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/Lammy1961/1.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/Lammy1961/2.jpg

Thanks again, for the help.

Larry-G
03-04-11, 05:53
if you transfer a new satellites.xml file to your box then transfer your own bouquet files over you will be overwriting the satellites.xml you sent in the first place.

frequency's change all the time, if your using a version of catseyes bouquets load them first then load the satellites.xml file afterwards then do a rescan, also it may be a good habit to start transferring a new satellites.xml file say once a week, especially when you consider that catseyes settings are usually outdated due to the fact that he releases maybe once a month.

Also what determines what satellites are available in the "Reception Settings" under the "Satellite" option ?

that's what the satellites.xml file is for, this file contains all the transponder data for each satellite you want to receive.

lammy1961
03-04-11, 06:46
Thanks Pheonix....I'm gonna do what you said when I get in from work.....
So my plan of attack is....Please edit at your leisure.

1. Flash new VIX 2.1 Image.
2. Network Settings.
2. Transfer customised version of Catseye E2 Settings
3. Reboot ?
4. Download new satellites.xml (customised with only the satellites I use)
5. Place in var/tuxbox.
6. Reboot ?
7. Set up Tuner A and Tuner B ?
8. Rescan satellites I use ?
9. Reboot.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Larry-G
03-04-11, 06:52
a full reboot as in steps 3,6 and 9 is not necessary. a simple GUI restart ( restart enigma ) should suffice. also it's not necessary to reboot / restart on step 3 but it wont hurt.