PDA

View Full Version : xvid

martyd
02-04-11, 16:56
trying to watch a movie but sound and picture glitching, is this just a codec issue or something else any fixes? i am using media player

mcquaim
02-04-11, 17:00
I'm afraid that xvid or DivX don't play well on Vix. Only thing that plays half decent is mkv, mp4 files or the ts recordings from the receiver!

pooface
02-04-11, 19:23
To be fair, it's the same with all images mate... It's a problem with the drivers...

I always play video files from the recordings button, not the media player... mkv play perfectly in my opinion, not half decent.

Xvid/divx play much better than they did before the last driver updates, and my et9000 couldn't even play the file! Still work to be done, but it's the best it's ever been. Just about watchable with xvid/divx now (or at least the file i watched was)...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

mcquaim
02-04-11, 19:38
I agree with yah totally pooface, big strides have been made in this area since Vix 2.0 but I'd still play mine through my Iomega Screenplay.

The Vu is the only receiver I currently have so no experience with any others but hopefully it'd improve even further down the line!

Top marks to all you guys for all the efforts and hours spent producing another great Vix image, by far the best I've come across to date!