PDA

View Full Version : Timer Sanity Error

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 10:34
I have tuner A set up to a minidish set as one single sat 28E. I then have Tuner B set up to a 85cm motorised dish using usuals settings. All settings seem to be correct but whenever I try to set a timer to record a second channel whilst a first channel is already set to record it will not let me and just comes up with a timer sanity error. I cant work out why this is any ideas?

Sicilian
31-05-10, 10:37
What image are you currently using?

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 10:45
Using the DE 1.3.2 m8

Sicilian
31-05-10, 10:55
DE 1.3.2 is currently installed on my Duo. Just setup timers that clashed and got no errors.

My Tuner settings are as below: -

Fixed dish Tuner A

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=381

Motorised dish Tuner B

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=382

My be worth backing up your CCcam.cfg, settings and bouquets and doing a factory reset.

I had a google around and its seems it could be something to do with the EPG. What EPG have you enabled in EPG panel?

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 11:05
Cheers I give that a go. I'm using the sky uk epg at the mo from the hip hop channel timed to download at 6am each morning. That said I occasionally find it loses some/all of the epg data and I do a manual update from rytec.

Incidentally Is there any way you can time the duo to go back into standby after the epg download from the hip hop channel? I cant find one on this image.

Sicilian
31-05-10, 11:12
Update this http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?542-Latest-Deliteepgproviders.cfg-EPG-providers-in-EPG-panel-of-Dream-Elite-images

Then dissable all enabled EPG downloads.

Re-boot.

Go to EPG panel and enable Satmate_UK EPG. You will find that the Duo stays in standby whilst updating the EPG ;)

Reboot the Duo once again after you've enabled the Satmate_UK EPG.

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 11:39
Not having a lot of luck sic. I performed a factory reset and then downloaded epg from rytec but still have the same problem. I have then tried to install the file you suggested for the satmate epg but I still do not have an updated list to download from. Satmate is still not an option.

Just to check I am not doing something silly I downloaded the file (which was not a .cfg file?). I then deleted the corresponding file from /etc along with the .cfg file and transferred the downloaded one over to /etc and restarted. Is this correct?

Sicilian
31-05-10, 11:46
Download the latest file from this post http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?542-Latest-Deliteepgproviders.cfg-EPG-providers-in-EPG-panel-of-Dream-Elite-images&p=3501&viewfull=1#post3501

Extract the Deliteepgproviders.cfg from the zip file. Then FTP Deliteepgproviders.cfg to /etc . Just incase chmod the file again to 644, you should be able to chmod using your FTP software by right clicking on the Deliteepgproviders.cfg and selecting Attributes/chmod/permisssion, along something alone those lines depending on what FTP software your using. Re-boot the receiver. Then go to the EPG panel. You should then have all the options listed in post.

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 11:57
Thats what I have done m8. What is confusing me is that the file I am extracting is not a .cfg file. It is just called Deliteepgproviders with no file extansion on the end. Is this right? Either way it does not seem to do anything to the list m8.

Sicilian
31-05-10, 12:36
Thats what I have done m8. What is confusing me is that the file I am extracting is not a .cfg file. It is just called Deliteepgproviders with no file extansion on the end. Is this right? Either way it does not seem to do anything to the list m8.

Have you re-booted after FTP'ing the file? I windows it will most likely just show as Deliteepgproviders, but once ftp'ed you should see it as Deliteepgproviders.cfg in the FTP window, see attached screenshot. In EPG panel you should see an option for Satmate_UK near the botton of the lift, you will have to scroll down. See screenshot.

I've had a google about and the problem does look like its epg related. Another thing to do is delete epg.dat and epg.dat.gz from /media/hdd Then re-download the EPG using the satmate_UK option.

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 13:43
Sorry for delay, had to take missus shopping lol. I have tried it again and what seems to happen is I transfer the file over and it still shows as Deliteepgproviders with no file extansion on the end but after a reboot it creates another file which is Deliteepgproviders.cfg in addition to the original file I transferred but it still does not update the list in my epg providers. The only satmate option I have it for Sky Italia.

Sicilian
31-05-10, 15:19
Sorry for the late reply, had to take missus shopping to :(

Here's an extracted Deliteepgproviders.cfg for you http://www.mediafire.com/file/4jwzwa3qd2d/Deliteepgproviders.cfg

Give that a try.

mark_hopley
31-05-10, 17:55
Many thanks Sic. A star as always :). Extracted file worked a treat and after deleting the epg files from media/hdd the recording 2 channels prob is now solved too.

Sicilian
31-05-10, 18:59
Many thanks Sic. A star as always :). Extracted file worked a treat and after deleting the epg files from media/hdd the recording 2 channels prob is now solved too.

Another happy member :zoom: