PDA

View Full Version : How many recordings?

dymebox
02-04-11, 14:30
My understanding of a twin tuner is that you can record 2 programmes, but you have to watch one of those programmes (a la Sky+ box). This is what I currently do with VU+ Duo.

However, i've read online that its possible to record up to 6 (yes, SIX!) things at once! How is this possible? The tuner only has 2 inputs!
:confused:

Stanman
02-04-11, 14:34
As long as the rest of the recordings are on the same transponder. for ie some of the HD channels are on the same TP so if you wanted to record from 2 on the same TP you could use your 2nd tuner to record from another TP or even two from this TP.

dymebox
02-04-11, 14:37
Excuse my ignorance. How do I find out which transponder the channels are on? I only use my VU+ box for Sly UK channels.

Stanman
02-04-11, 14:46
Here you are.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html

dymebox
02-04-11, 14:49
Thanks Stanman.

I presume the box will automatically detect when I'm recording things in the same transponder, or do I have to do something manually?

Stanman
02-04-11, 14:51
When you set a recording and go into the channel list all lighten channels you can record, if you use both tuners, than the ones you cant record / watch will be greyed out.

dfdream
02-04-11, 15:10
Also if you have a USB DVB-t tuner attached you have more options to record.
Id say 5-6 recordings and any more than that you might have issues.

dymebox
02-04-11, 15:34
I only really record Sly HD channels. Don't think any of them share transponders - at least in my experience so far.

punisher
02-04-11, 15:41
if you look on the website stanman posted above there are 6 movie channels i think on the same TP :p

Rob van der Does
05-04-11, 07:08
With the present drivers you can make 6 simultaneous recordings + watch live TV.
Of course, as stated above, a tuner can only tune to one frequency (as was already the case with every tuner/radio ever), so you can only tune to as many transponders as you have tuners.
No need for any manual intervention: E2 has a smart tuner-choice-logic.