PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo or Clarke Tech et9000

portbhoy
30-03-11, 00:30
I can't decide what box to go for but I do note that there is a few people on here that own have owned both. So whats the feeling is it worth taking the chance on the Clarke Tech and hope the support keeps growing or stick with the tried and tested, all opinions welcome.

terrorman
30-03-11, 00:31
Now VU+ :thumbsup:

Alias1
30-03-11, 02:15
My 2 cents worth
Okay both boxes are easy to flash via USB stick.
Loaded VIX image for et-9000 and Pli2.0 on Vu+Duo both boxes have a 1 terabyte HDD fitted.
1. Both boxes boot in approx the same amount of time.
2. Both are made in Korea and build quality is about the same which is very good.
3. As the et-9000 does not come with a fan it runs very hot after market fans are available I am still waiting for mine.
4. Picture quality is about the same.
5. the et-9000 supports true PIP for SD channels and I frames for HD channels the Vu+Duo only supports I frames in PIP both for SD and HD channels.
6. The drivers for the internal slots need a lot of work on the et-9000 with ECM times exceeding 1 second at times (average time is approx 500 msecs) using oscam as compared to sub 300 msecs with the Vu+Duo.
7. The et-9000 has the nice option of loop out on the LNB's.
8. The et-9000 has a newer processor then the Vu+Duo but to me the performance difference between the 2 is negible.

terrorman
30-03-11, 02:29
VU + now has more and better support, there is more community, and the hardware is working well, no doubt

The CT9000 is very good, but I have 1 long year of work, who knows.

the Team needs more CT9000 taking images, you need the support of others for their expansion and support of the community.

fintannl
30-03-11, 04:00
vu has better image support. no other argument required.

Sicilian
30-03-11, 06:06
I'd say: -

Both receivers are easy to flash via USB stick.
Loaded VIX image for ET-9000 and on Vu+Duo both boxes have HDD fitted.

2. Both are made in Korea and build quality is about the same which is very good.
3. Some users say their ET9000 runs hot, mine does not, but then again its placed on a glass shelf with plenty of airflow.
4. Picture quality is better on ET-9000 for SD channels.
5. the ET-9000 supports true PIP for SD channels and I frames for HD channels the Vu+Duo only supports I frames in PIP both for SD and HD channels.
6. ECM Times are the same as a Duo. Anyone reporting different should checkout their setup.
7. The ET-9000 has RF loop outs.
8. The ET-9000 has a newer processor and more memory than the Vu+Duo, for me the ET-9000 is slightly faster in operation, but this is negligible.
9. The ET-9000 comes with a multi-function remote control so that you can control most TV's/VCR/DVD with the same remote control.
10. Image support is rapidly growing. Theres now SIF team image, Clarke-Tech Image, Openpli and ViX image. Who needs anything when theres the ViX image :zoom: Also the ET-9000 community is rapidly growing.

Alias1
30-03-11, 08:37
ECM Times are the same as a Duo. Anyone reporting different should checkout their setup.

Well thats not what Im getting using the EXACT same setup as whats on the vu+duo whats interesting is the clark et-9000 is NOT on the device list for oscam and thats by the oscam developers

portbhoy
30-03-11, 10:10
My 2 cents worth
Okay both boxes are easy to flash via USB stick.
Loaded VIX image for et-9000 and Pli2.0 on Vu+Duo both boxes have a 1 terabyte HDD fitted.
3. As the et-9000 does not come with a fan it runs very hot after market fans are available I am still waiting for mine.
4. Picture quality is about the same.
5. the et-9000 supports true PIP for SD channels and I frames for HD channels the Vu+Duo only supports I frames in PIP both for SD and HD channels.
6. The drivers for the internal slots need a lot of work on the et-9000 with ECM times exceeding 1 second at times (average time is approx 500 msecs) using oscam as compared to sub 300 msecs with the Vu+Duo.
7. The et-9000 has the nice option of loop out on the LNB's.
8. The et-9000 has a newer processor then the Vu+Duo but to me the performance difference between the 2 is negible.

Ok I was going for the Duo after this but................

I'd say: -

Both receivers are easy to flash via USB stick.
Loaded VIX image for ET-9000 and on Vu+Duo both boxes have HDD fitted.

3. Some users say their ET9000 runs hot, mine does not, but then again its placed on a glass shelf with plenty of airflow.
4. Picture quality is better on ET-9000 for SD channels.
5. the ET-9000 supports true PIP for SD channels and I frames for HD channels the Vu+Duo only supports I frames in PIP both for SD and HD channels.
6. ECM Times are the same as a Duo. Anyone reporting different should checkout their setup.
7. The ET-9000 has RF loop outs.
8. The ET-9000 has a newer processor and more memory than the Vu+Duo, for me the ET-9000 is slightly faster in operation, but this is negligible.
9. The ET-9000 comes with a multi-function remote control so that you can control most TV's/VCR/DVD with the same remote control.
10. Image support is rapidly growing. Theres now SIF team image, Clarke-Tech Image, Openpli and ViX image. Who needs anything when theres the ViX image :zoom: Also the ET-9000 community is rapidly growing.

The Sicilian puts up all the arguments that have me wondering am I just buying too soon and in 6 months there would be no contest. The inclusion of the Vix image means that it has all the support it needs, I'm swaying more towards the Clarke Tech again I know I would just look at the Duo and think I could have got a better box for £20 more!

world-of-satellite.co.uk
30-03-11, 10:20
Ok I was going for the Duo after this but................

The Sicilian puts up all the arguments that have me wondering am I just buying too soon and in 6 months there would be no contest. The inclusion of the Vix image means that it has all the support it needs, I'm swaying more towards the Clarke Tech again I know I would just look at the Duo and think I could have got a better box for £20 more!

Check your PM ;)

Alias1
30-03-11, 10:42
No disrepect to Scilian but I have a lot of experience with oscam and the internal readers on the clark et9000 definetly have a problem running oscam for me this is a non stopper until they fix this issue.
I have email confirmation from clark etech saying that temperatures of 140 is normal for this box and you can expect higher running a HDD in it, this is compared to a Vu+Duo that is only warm to the touch and that is in an enclosed space for the Vu+Duo.

portbhoy
30-03-11, 11:03
Check your PM ;)

Thanks mate!

bassethound
30-03-11, 11:43
My ET9000 runs super cool and with a HDD installed a F2 5400rpm its on a open glass tv stand

does not as cool as my Duo but a its a lot cooler than a Solo which is the warmest of my 3 boxes

you can add a Fan to the ET9000 instructions are below with pics :D

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7144-How-to-install-a-fan-ET9000-PDF

portbhoy
30-03-11, 11:47
I keep my boxes in the space behind my fire place in the sitting room all my boxes in there sit on laptop coolers and there is an extractor fan fitted above that vents out to the chimney to draw warm air away, overkill I know but as it's hassle to access them I like to make sure they're nice and chilly behind there :)

boxer29
06-06-11, 16:21
the only thing going against the et9000
1 if you take the battery out ,it rests itself have to be send to the retailer to get it fixed ,,at your own cost
the battery life is 5 years they are waiting to do something to make it improve ,, might be a software correction ,,
2 scanning frequency beloww 30000 ,pixilates the pic
3 no fan ,,which makes it hot ,,you can fix a fan though
4 resale i think if you want to sell it at some point ,is not good cause of being a new box
any comments

portbhoy
06-06-11, 22:53
Well eventually I did plunge for the Duo and I haven't regretted it, got it running as sweet as a nut on vix and to date out of the many boxes I have owned it's the best box with the best image by far.