PDA

View Full Version : CCAM and Glitches

Stanman
30-05-10, 19:05
I have the above set up and only 4 boxes connected but they are all complaining of glitches. BB is 6.6M so that shouldn't be the issue and using CCAM 2.14 on DE but have now replaced with PLI

CFG is default apart from settings for CCAMINFOPHP and C & F Lines.

Is there anything I can do to improve this

Sicilian
30-05-10, 19:08
Post a bit more of what you are doing. I'm assuming the your Duo is the server and you have four peers connected. Now is the card in the slot or a Smargo? Have you port forwarded the port that you assigned to CCcam to the Duo?

Stanman
30-05-10, 20:25
Installed CCAM 2.14 as default. The card is in the top slot of the DUO and has the boxkey entered - everything for me is fine but the peers complain of suttering. I saw this for myself yesterda at 2.00AM on my friends starview HD combo.
I have forwarded the port in the C line to the Vu and assigned it a static IP and portforwarded to this static IP

I have it connected via Homeplugs but that shouldn't make a difference?

Am thinking of getting the ACer REVO 3600 as a linux server - will that be better - gutted to do it as I bought the DUO as a server and for the 2 tuners and HD.

grtmoby
30-05-10, 20:31
well suttering depends on hops, network speed (ur upload and their upload). i would recommend to give it a try with hard wire connection, not homeplug and see if this has any effect.

Retired member
30-05-10, 20:39
The VU+ DUO runs almost flawlessly as a server.... Connecting to a Starview HD Combo as a test is a BAD idea, it is almost certainly the Starview itself that is the problem here (they have had known problems), or their internet connection, or your internet connection, or combination of them all, but almost definitely won't be the VU+ itself at fault here so I suggest you investigate the other possible causes first because setting up a standalone server is unlikely to solve the problem either.

nasser007
30-05-10, 20:44
I changed my box from starview hd combi to vu+duo , because of constance glitching no matter what server i was using now hardly any problems.

Stanman
30-05-10, 21:41
Its not just the starview, my other friend has a TM600 and he is also encountering glitches. My connection is 6.6Meg down and 1Meg up so that is unlikely to be the the issue.

I have checked the port and it is showing as open on canyouseeme. Do I need to do anything on the no IP front?

Due to the location I am only able to use homeplugs on the DUO. As a client it is fine, I have a C Line from another friend in diff town and it works flawlessly.

Retired member
30-05-10, 22:35
Afraid to say but the TM600 is not always the most stable either.... But this 100% won't be the VU+ I am almost certain, homeplugs can be a problem, but in most cases work perfect, I have seen problems when plugged into the likes of a 4 way extension lead though, so always try to plug direct into the mains socket on the wall, but other than that.... Your own net connection sounds ok, what about the peers though can they say the same? How are they connecting their receivers to the internet? Best cause of action, can you try this with connection to another receiver on your same local network, by doing this we can start to get to the bottom of the problem lies....

I guess we should just remember as well that we can only talk a limited amount about card sharing and the specifics of it :)

tomthebomb1968
31-05-10, 02:06
What are the internet connection speeds like at you clients end and more importantly what activities are the using on their broadband while connecting to you.

Say there is online gaming (ps3/xbox live etc) and other activities streaming (iplayer youtube) going on this will whack up the ecm times at the clients end.

Sicilian
31-05-10, 05:38
Post an example of your cfg. Removing F&C lines and your bk.

Stanman
31-05-10, 17:23
Thank you all for your help. I did a test with one of my peers today and everything seemed OK.

Scilian - the CFG only has changes to enable CCAMinfophp to run. I have not changed anything else as quite frankly new to this and only wanted bare minimum to prevent screw ups.

Ant - I had it set up internally and my bedroom boxed seem to run fine. I might just give it a try by giving it an external C line rather than IP address of the VU

Stanman
31-05-10, 17:25
Damm no edit button

Also wanted to say to Scilian - the changes were to the webinfo and telentinfo and webinfo username & password were created