PDA

View Full Version : Lost TP226 channels on Astra 3A/3B 23.5E (iConcert HD, Fashion One HD etc)

mauri
30-03-11, 00:02
When I check the transponder signal the SNR jumpes all the time, from 0% to 60+%. AGC is 76%. But the tranponder does not lock.

I was watching these channels till yesterday, but today the dreaded 'tune failed' message on the screen. :(

I did check lyngsat and other sat web pages for any news on transponder changes, but nothing.
I also updated satellites.xml with the lates tranponder data, and run a full scan for Astra 3A, still nothing. :(

Anyone, any ideas?

Transponder data:

freq. 12207,
polarity V,
system DVB-S2,
Symbol rate 27500
FEC 3/4
Modulation 8PSK

punisher
30-03-11, 18:26
Might be that your satellite has taken a knock and moved slightly in the wrong direction. You might need to re-align

nedisared
30-03-11, 18:58
Might be that your satellite has taken a knock and moved slightly in the wrong direction. You might need to re-align

Might need long arms to move that satellite m8 :D

punisher
30-03-11, 19:20
lol mine does it ALOT dam thing, specially wen it gets a bit windy the slightest movements knocks me off some TP's

dmgp
01-04-11, 09:15
Another thing is to check it's not just local interference, one of the culprits could be a DECT telephone base station, these often give similar symptoms.

mauri
02-04-11, 11:18
lol
don't believe that's the case, because all other transponders have high signal level - 70%+

I will check the DECT phone base, moving it in another room and see if it helps.

Said that, anyone can confirm receiving these channels with no issue?

thnx for the replies!
p.s. did not figure out yet how to receive via email the responds to my threads... :O

punisher
02-04-11, 13:04
at the top of the first post you will see "Thread Tools" to the left, click on that and then subscribe to Thread and thats it :p

mauri
03-04-11, 22:55
hello there,

After days of googleing around the web and this forum I finally found my answer. Thanks to a thread posted by catseye. I am posting the link of the original thread of catseye, because I believe there are too many frustrated users like me that can not receive certain HD channels in transponders/satellites that seem to have a very strong signal level.

cheers

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1596-Tuner-Software-Bug-with-Vu-Duo

Thans m8!

I was frustrated since days because I 'lost' a transponder on Astra 3A (satelliteBG HD channels like iConcerts, Fashion one HD etc). As per your tip, I just added 1 figure to the 'official' frequency of that tranponder, and it did the trick!
I even started I thread on this 'missing transponder' but no one gave any useful tips. I had to search this forum for days, till today that I bumped into this thread.

thank you catseye!

p.s. BTW, thank you for those very nice settings you make available for us! cheers

Originally Posted by catseye
Just to advise anyone that maybe having problems receiving certain channels

If there are channels that display 0% when you know you should be receiving them with no problems heres what to do

For example AXN HD Polska on Hotbird 13 East
12265H 27500 3/4 DVB S2

Do a rescan 'only' on that frequency & add 1 to the figure so 12265 would become 12266H this should find all of those channels on that frequency & signal bars etc should have normal readings

This bug is known to Vu & we will have to wait for a fix from them

pooface
04-04-11, 09:28
Thanks for taking the time to post how you managed to fix this! Hopefully help others who've had similar probs!