PDA

View Full Version : How best to rescan for new channels?

Tw4T
29-03-11, 17:29
Hi guys, over past few weeks I’ve been busy sorting my bouquets in to the order I want. My first question is, how is it best to backup all my settings and secondly and most importantly, how is it best to rescan all available satellites for new channels without messing up my existing ones? Once I do a rescan, how will I be able to easily see what new channels ive picked up and if applicable, how will I see any "dead" stations? Thanks once again :)

Stanman
29-03-11, 20:45
dreambox edit for backup your current settings
as for dead channels, they will be greyed out after a full rescan. I thing the new ones are in the new bouquet in E1 they used to have an exclamation in the ALL channels list

Tw4T
30-03-11, 13:26
So once ive backed up, should I get hold of the latest satellite.xml, copy it over and do a "manual scan - full (ie. search all sats in range)" Also keep "Clear before scan" set to NO ? I think a new Bouquet is created as well named last scan, if i remember rightly, is this right? It would make finding any new stations so much easier if it did. Cheers

Larry-G
30-03-11, 14:07
So once ive backed up, should I get hold of the latest satellite.xml, copy it over and do a "manual scan - full (ie. search all sats in range)" Also keep "Clear before scan" set to NO ? I think a new Bouquet is created as well named last scan, if i remember rightly, is this right? It would make finding any new stations so much easier if it did. Cheers

yeah thats pretty much the jist of it.

silverfox0786
01-04-11, 22:23
read this thread

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way