PDA

View Full Version : Lost everything

canthackit
29-03-11, 15:54
wotchya:(

as the title says i was out of the room came back in and was on a 19.2 channel when the picture froze, tried other channels and nothing, swung the dish to 28.2 initially cleared i think it was sky Premier hd attempted to change channels and nothing now all i've got is a blank screen and no audio.

i made sure the the hdmi cable hadn't worked loose and is inserted it firmly, also tried a different hdmi cable to input 2 on the tv directly to the reciever still no difference, i've checked lnb coax that's ok.

could the tuner have become faulty, or even the box gone wonky on me :rolleyes:

i'm at a total loss as to what else to try or what it can be.

oh should of added this is running VIX 2.1

regards: canthackit

t.ph
29-03-11, 16:03
You need to decide what end the fault is!
Dish & lnb is not going to have any effect if the box aint working
Whats displaying on front of box?
Does the box reboot if you switch off & then on?
Can you get in to the menus etc?
Try a scart lead
Reflash

Sicilian
29-03-11, 16:03
Take one step at a time.

Power off, disconnect everything apart from HDMI cable, even disconnect internal HDD. Then try a re-flash. Disconnect the sat feeds too.

canthackit
29-03-11, 16:26
i'll taken onboard everything that's been suggested and thanks guy's but............Boss that's one of the problems mate nothing on screen including menus, there is on the front display though..... so i cant reflash unless of course a reinstall will bring up an onscreen display if it dont then i'm snookered.

the box does reboot, the dish is moving ok via the positioner remote, the box seems to be selecting the channels, atm moment sky prem hd is displayed on the front of the box :eek:

i'm just gunna have to take a chance and do as Sic said disconnect everything and try a reinstall:(

if it goes tits up you'll hear the screams from there ;)

thanks & regards: canthackit

Sicilian
29-03-11, 16:28
Have you checked to see if your getting video through scart or component?

t.ph
29-03-11, 16:39
I'm sure that this has happened to me before due to someone changing the output to VCR scart
But cant for the life of me think what i done to get everything back, Sorry

plusser
29-03-11, 16:54
Try scrolling through "source" on tv remote.

canthackit
29-03-11, 17:09
well!
i've removed everything hdd etc installed VIX 2.1 and nothing, so tried the last BH still nothing, swapped hdmi leads no difference, tried a scart lead still nothing.

and as i! say now all i've got is VU+ Duo on the display, cant even get the setup menu onscreen.

Sicilian
29-03-11, 17:16
Are you sure you switched the TV to the correct source?

Only other thing I can suggest is to leave off for a while, then try powering on again. Also try flashing and NFI image through RS232, but in all honesty I cant see that curing anything.

Another thing you could try is flashing official firmware back to it.

canthackit
29-03-11, 17:25
no mate me either.

methinks it's def the tuner gone, strange it should just pack up like that though.

Sicilian
29-03-11, 17:28
no mate me either.

methinks it's def the tuner gone, strange it should just pack up like that though.

Doubt its the tuner if your getting no display on any of the Video outputs.

t.ph
29-03-11, 17:35
Any chance of trying with another TV?
Can you view a picture by connecting via Web Control?

canthackit
29-03-11, 17:41
no mate not got any other tv's.

i did mange to acces via the web but couldn't clear anything but at least i connected, and also the proggie that must not be mentioned, mind you it was accessing that that contributed towards the fault.

t.ph
29-03-11, 18:11
So not even a FTA?
Did you try to use the web remote control & have all the menus displayed on pc?

canthackit
29-03-11, 18:16
didn't try fta via the web but no encrypted channels were accessable.

dont know what a web remote control is :confused:

t.ph
29-03-11, 18:19
Connect to your box via PC browser then select Boxcontrol. You can then use the remote control picture that pops up when you press Webremote

canthackit
29-03-11, 18:43
ok

just managed to get the menu on screen using a scart lead.

t.ph
29-03-11, 18:53
looks like as i said then, someone has pressed "VCR scart" in the main menu!

vu-duo-user
29-03-11, 19:19

That's worth knowing.

pooface
29-03-11, 19:53

A complete reflash should solve this though...

Have you a component cable you can connect up to rule out the hdmi connection of the box?

iirc, you had problems flashing the vix 2.1 image?! Hopefully your box not on the way out :eek:

canthackit
30-03-11, 07:11
@PF
i think it is mate, i've just installed and setup VIX 2.1 no probs with a scart lead, i've just shutdown (not me personaly):D connected the hdmi lead rebooted and it's back to the old blank screen again.

so this leads me to believe now it's either a faulty hdmi connector or as you say the box is due for burying :mad:

@t.ph

no mate it cant be that, there was no one here apart from me and i was no where near the box when it went tits up.

my pal has lent me for the time being the DB800 i sold him, ironic don't you think. ;)

Sicilian
30-03-11, 09:01
@PF
i think it is mate, i've just installed and setup VIX 2.1 no probs with a scart lead, i've just shutdown (not me personaly):D connected the hdmi lead rebooted and it's back to the old blank screen again.

so this leads me to believe now it's either a faulty hdmi connector or as you say the box is due for burying :mad:

@t.ph

no mate it cant be that, there was no one here apart from me and i was no where near the box when it went tits up.

my pal has lent me for the time being the DB800 i sold him, ironic don't you think. ;)

Have you tried another HDMI lead?

What are your A/V settings set to?

gerrykiddy
30-03-11, 09:07
I set up one recently and experienced picture flickering (on/off) and then no picture at all. Make sure that the hdmi cable is pushed all the way home. Some of the cheaper ones (including the one supplied) are a poor fit and it feels as if it is connected when there is still some way to go. Sadly yours seems a lot more serious and I wish you well. I believe you can get counselling if the pain is really bad.:)

canthackit
30-03-11, 09:43
well guy's

tried 2 different hdmi leads both Chord and can i say bloody expensive, still the same.

settings set to as always, cant list them as box is not connected, but never had a prob with them.

even tried a different hdmi port on the amp with a different hdmi lead and still blank.

@ gerrykiddy
where can i get this 'ere pain councilling i'm really begining to need it :D

pooface
30-03-11, 12:03
Have u tried plugging the hdmi direct in to the tv, not in to the amp?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

lynd145
30-03-11, 15:50
i would do as pooface said as ive had the same on a av receiver

canthackit
30-03-11, 16:33
yep done that, zilch.

spoke to the retailers, and after quite a bit of question and answers he's told me he thinks it's the hdmi connector on the box, a lot of activity of removing and replacing the lead can eventually lead to the connector pins becoming bent and/or broken so the connector device has to be replaced.

expensive :rolleyes:

pooface
30-03-11, 19:34
If I were u, I'd speak to vu+ directly, tell them everything that's happened, what ur supplier has said etc. Ask them whether it'd be covered under warranty. Have you been plugging/unplugging hdmi a lot? Usually use wouldn't have this, so would think u'd be ok. Even if u had, it could be possible u have a caravan with sat u like to take box to, so should be able to do this within use of box...

See what vu say, if they will do under warranty, then at least save u some money ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

gerrykiddy
01-04-11, 10:42
Suggesting that you have overused the hdmi socket is ridiculous. Its meant to be plugged in and out. Now if you had tried to put a 3 pin mains plug in you might have been deemed to be negligent. How could they prove how many times you had used the socket? If you have put the hdmi plug into the hdmi socket and it has failed to work it is not fit for purpose. Retailer first and then VU.

Comfysofa
01-04-11, 14:31
Ive had this on an xbox 360 - the hdmi went when i plugged it in. And after inspecting it with a magnifying glass i found that that slide connector/pins on the DHMI socket on the xbox itself had been pushed back into the console.....why i dont know as i never maltreated it - see if its that....

canthackit
04-04-11, 18:49
yep
it is/was mate i've tried removing the hdmi socket but it's in a block with the esata socket and then in turn conected to the motherboard.............so if i can find the block anywhere i've got a mate who can do the nesscessary fitting soldering.

atm moment i using a component lead and toslink for the audio and i know i dont have 20/20 vision but i cant see any difference between hdmi and component.

i still want me hdmi back though (less connections) ;)

hensu
19-07-11, 12:32
how did it go with this? i have a similar issue now and i can image my dealer wont do it within warranty since i flashed it with openpli and installed a harddrive.

pooface
19-07-11, 12:36
how did it go with this? i have a similar issue now and i can image my dealer wont do it within warranty since i flashed it with openpli and installed a harddrive.

Should not invalidate warranty. That's like pc manufacturers saying that you invalidated the warranty because you installed linux or hackintosh etc... If you're that worried, just re-install (via scart) the latest original image. But they aren't going to worry about that. Plus, these devices are intended for you to fit a hdd. If they have suspicians that it was your fitting of the hdd that caused the hdmi not to work, then you could have a worry in that respect, but they would only suspect that if there's anything showing to give the impression...

If it's within it's warranty, and nothing else image wise can sort it, then you should be fine going to dealer. They will probably just ship back to manufacturer to repair, and you will be without the box for a while...