PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP ME with dvb-t AF9015 !!

et9k
28-03-11, 03:46
oK, first of all i love your firmware for et9000, i think that is rock solid (never had a green screen) and everything works great, at least for me.

I have an AFATECH AF9015 usb dvb-t tuner, i tried everything, installing various versions of drivers for various version of enigma 2 (lol) without success. whenever i check in the tuners configuration my usb af9015 it's not there.It works 100% with sifteam geeko firmware, but i just dont like it and i want to stay on vix 2.1

PLEASE SOME1 help me.. tell where i can download the right drivers and how can i install them? thanks a lot in advance for your help.

et9k
29-03-11, 12:32
up, PLEASE HELPME

et9k
29-03-11, 18:56
hello? please... it's funny to see moderators in every forum sayin' "do not talk 'bout card sharing!" but when some1 ask something legit-legal nobody HELPS...

MrKappa
29-03-11, 21:37
Hello', I could install this usb tuner using this procedure.
I have installed sif team image where drivers of this tuner are already included.
Then using ftp (filezilla) I copied the following files and folder to my pc:
lib/firmwares
lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4/extra
lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4/kernel/drivers/media/common/tuners
lib/modules/2.6.18-7.4/kernel/drivers/media/dvb
Then install VIX image (or restore the back up) and ftp the same files.
Take care about the rights for each files (before copy simply check the right of destination files)
Then reboot and you should see the usb tuner in the tuners configuration (check for your region setting).

bassethound
29-03-11, 22:17
hello? please... it's funny to see moderators in every forum sayin' "do not talk 'bout card sharing!" but when some1 ask something legit-legal nobody HELPS...

The only people that can help you are ET9000 owners who have a usb af9015

as no one one has answered you i can only assume no one has this combination of ET9000 with vix installed and wifi usb af9015

as we have been down for a while i would wait a bit longer till some on reads this thread that can help you

MrKappa
30-03-11, 00:21
...anyway see my post. These procedure has worked.

et9k
30-03-11, 01:46
...anyway see my post. These procedure has worked.

(to bassethound) sorry if i be a ass, this decoder drivin' me nuts ahah..

anyway mrkappa, if that really works.. omg.. u are my hero, i've had your same idea but even if i repeatedly asked on sifteam forum NOBODY told me where and what files i've had to copy...
could u plz send me a zip with these files?
or... HOLD ON... u said: or restore the backup; that means i can backup my current configuration right? how?

edit: nevermind, i found how to backup... obviously under vix menu... u guys rock. i'll back soon after i tried drivers... thanks a lot in advance

et9k
30-03-11, 03:44
ok, i've installed latest sifteam firmware, copyd all files u told me to, restored my latest vix backup, uploaded files, checked permissions of files one by one in their right place, rebooted, turned off power, disconnected my usb and connected in another usb port, rebooted.

N O T H I N G.
Usb tuner not listed, only in input devices... and in sifteam firmware it works. Now what?

again it's AFATECH dvb-t af9015.. help me plz, i'm soooooo frustrated now, 430 euros for that...

MrKappa
30-03-11, 09:59
Hello',

I can send you the zip files which I copied from SIF image to VIX this evening from home.

et9k
30-03-11, 10:28
Hello',

I can send you the zip files which I copied from SIF image to VIX this evening from home.

thanks a lot mate, i want to try this, but i've already copied all the files u told me to.. maybe i made some mistake.. u sure u have same tuner on vix 2.1 on et9000 ? just to understand..
anyway yes, send me that .zip file so we'll sure and if doesnt works i just reinstall vix... i've probably messed up something b4 when i tried to install some drivers...
Thanks a lot for your support.

MrKappa
30-03-11, 14:26
Hello' et9k,
Yes I confirm that I have installed the same tuner on ET9000 and VIX 2.1
I did a test and, due to low sensitivity of this tuner and many channels blocks and "tune fail" error I decided to replace it with Hauppage Win Nova HD which is working much better. Of course we can explain that there is some difference and some reason to explain why one cost ~10euro and the other ~40euro...

Anyway first using SIF Gecko you can find the drivers from the panel and reboot the box. First it should work on SIF. Then copy the files on your pc and check the "rights" (644, 755, etc).
You can easily restore the back up you did with VIX and then try to copy on VIX the drivers coming from SIF and take care about the "rights".
If u likes to try something in the meanwhile. I will send the files I have later.

et9k
30-03-11, 14:42
OHHH u mean i've had to plug and "use" the tuner for a while b4 coping files? cuz i copied files without even pluggin' da tuner cuz i knew it'll works with sif gecko.. i'll give it a try... stay tuned :p

et9k
30-03-11, 16:04
nothing, i've also tried to reinstall vix "ex novo" with no luck, whatever i do tuner it's not shown while in sifteam is, all that i can do now is waiting for your zip and try with it.

MrKappa
01-04-11, 09:02
Yesterday the site was down. I understood from another post that you could get the it working finally. Is it right?

et9k
01-04-11, 11:14
Yesterday the site was down. I understood from another post that you could get the it working finally. Is it right?

not really mate, not really i need your files i think...

jfk
10-10-11, 11:49
not really mate, not really i need your files i think...

Hi, please did you get it to work?