PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo problem

neilalisonpaige
27-03-11, 16:24
hi all not had my vu box on for a couple of months was running it on 36volt motorised dish now changed to disec, put box on and image started up but cogs running in top left corner all the time and i cant access my menu or anything else. i want to put new image on i plugged usb i rear but cant acess it running openPLI fimage is there a reset button anywere? and do i need dish cable into box to flash new image
chers
all

dfdream
27-03-11, 16:30
What image do you have on the usb key to install.
Does the key have the VUDUO folder on it.
To install you put the usb key in the front usb port and reboot the machine.
The display then says reading USB.
After few mins it says erasing flash then says programming finished remove usb (one with image) and reboot..

You can look at the motor issues then.

D

t.ph
27-03-11, 16:32
Switch box off & insert usb then turn box on & it should just reflash

neilalisonpaige
27-03-11, 16:36
thanks for the fast reply im using the latest vix image for dou the folder on the stick says vuplus on it. i only have 2 usd ports at back of box my box is a dvb -52 hd twin tuner tried booting up box with stick in but nothing
neil

t.ph
27-03-11, 16:44
You do know that this image is specific to the VU+ Duo?

plusser
27-03-11, 20:25
the folder on the stick says vuplus on it.

Folder should be vuplus - expand folder and look inside. Copy /vuplus to / and try again.

+er

t.ph
27-03-11, 20:34
The reason i said "You do know that this image is specific to the VU+ Duo" is that you you stated as follows:

my box is a dvb -52 hd twin tuner

Is that a VU+ Duo? & you also say you have no USB port at the front!!!!!

Maxwell
27-03-11, 20:42
Please don't double post. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7504-vu-duo-problem&p=56411#post56411

Make sure your USB is formatted as FAT32 or ext/2 before you put the image on it