PDA

View Full Version : Correct settings for users using component output

Sicilian
25-03-11, 18:05
As some reports of users getting odd colour picture when using component output I decided to investigate after reading a work around posted by VUplus NL.

First you need to change the scart settings as per screenshot below. Menu > Setup > System > A/V Settings. Change as per screenshot then press Green button to confirm settings: -

Now go back into A/V settings and set to component as per screenshot below, then press green button to confirm: -

Thanks to VUplus NL for pointing us in the right direction.

cozmo
25-03-11, 18:26
great news thanks

Cozmo :D

bassethound
25-03-11, 18:38
great news thanks

Cozmo :D

Has this fixed your problems cozmo

notanotherone
25-03-11, 18:46
Has this fixed your problems cozmo

itll will take him 3 days to put the box on lol hope it does tho as hes been looking for a cure for ages

Sicilian
25-03-11, 18:48
itll will take him 3 days to put the box on lol hope it does tho as hes been looking for a cure for ages

Well some users are too quick to blame the image instead of doing some footwork themselves :p

Larry-G
25-03-11, 19:20
Well some users are too quick to blame the image instead of doing some footwork themselves :p

could not have said it better my self.

punisher
25-03-11, 19:39
sticky stick sticky sticky lol although i duno how many people gonna read :confused:

mase2hot
25-03-11, 19:45
excellent thank you!

Geeksaw
26-03-11, 08:35
Works flawlessly :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help and support, best image ever so far ;)

I really went through the a/v settings many times, I can't believe I missed the "Color Format" in the scart settings. Thanks again.

Rob van der Does
26-03-11, 19:48
When the Dolby Digital Plus will he decoded image VIX ?

And the relation between DD+ and Component = ??

pooface
27-03-11, 19:50
And the relation between DD+ and Component = ??

Good point, moved to it's own thread here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7503-Dolby-Digital-Plus-Question)...

dixons
29-03-11, 12:26
Been waiting for this. I had asked for a resolution in a number of forums but none were forthcoming. I can't believe how simple the solution actually is. I will be back on VIX by the end of the week.

Great News

nibb
26-07-11, 19:01
Thanks for this....the pink component pic was doing my skull in!!:D

Burnham
16-10-11, 10:25
There is a slight problem with the original solution - turning off scart RBG means you can't get colour out of the TV Scart. Some people might need the scart output for a 2nd TV, I need Scart output for a RF modulator.

SOLUTION: Set the Color Format to CVBS (not YPbPr) - the component output is correct and you still get colour through the Scart.

Note: it probably means that the Scart output is not to the highest RGB quality, but that's not an issue for my RF modulator.

Comment - this is clearly a fault with the VU+ Duo itself - is it known whether a fix is being worked on?

Rob van der Does
16-10-11, 10:44
Note: it probably means that the Scart output is not to the highest RGB quality, but that's not an issue for my RF modulator.
Correct: that is even the maximum quality a RF-modulator can handle.

Comment - this is clearly a fault with the VU+ Duo itself - is it known whether a fix is being worked on?
This is a hardware issue and hence not being worked on.

tbh: you can also reverse this: you may be happy that it is possible at all to get several outputs working in different formats simultaneously!