PDA

View Full Version : how to move channel in a bouqet ?

BRAVEHEART
25-03-11, 10:49
i have been noticing recently that theres a good few channels i watch that are all set up in my bouquets that are no longer viewable, they must have moved transponder or summit ?

anyways, i can find working copies of the channels in the "ALL" list and i know how to move it from there into the boquet, but it just goes to the bottom of the list of channels in the bouquet and i want to move it into the correct place further up but i am unsure how to do this.

I know its probably simple, can someone tell me how to move the channel please ?

Remember it was a kind gent from on here that got me all set up etc so he had prepared the bouquets his way and added a bouquet for me too, he done it all for me connecting to my box over the internet using teamviewer as i dont have a clue.

Hope its easy, lol.

thanks.

Lewiscc
25-03-11, 11:01
yes braveheart it's very easy , simply go to the bouquet you added the channel to ..... press menu ... select "enable move mode" .... "ok" on the channel you want to move ..... "ok" again when you get it where you want it .... when you're done moving channels ... press menu again and select "disable move mode" ....job done :thumbsup:

BRAVEHEART
27-03-11, 02:09
yes braveheart it's very easy , simply go to the bouquet you added the channel to ..... press menu ... select "enable move mode" .... "ok" on the channel you want to move ..... "ok" again when you get it where you want it .... when you're done moving channels ... press menu again and select "disable move mode" ....job done :thumbsup:

job done , and it was easy peasy like you said mate, all i needed was that guiding hand, thanks :)

notanotherone
27-03-11, 09:03
oooo good now you can sort mine for me :roflmao:

BRAVEHEART
27-03-11, 20:31
oooo good now you can sort mine for me :roflmao:

lololololl

BRAVEHEART
18-05-11, 22:16
How do I rename a channel in a boquet mateys ? cant see the options and dont want to mess things up, hope someone can help please.

thank you.

BRAVEHEART
19-05-11, 20:44
How do I rename a channel in a boquet mateys ? cant see the options and dont want to mess things up, hope someone can help please.

thank you.

anyone ?? thanks.

silverfox0786
19-05-11, 20:52
In dbedit right click channel and cluck on rename

In using tapatalk so cant link but i have a stickie in duo section outlining what u ask

How to edit channels in dbedit the easy way

BRAVEHEART
19-05-11, 22:12
In dbedit right click channel and cluck on rename

In using tapatalk so cant link but i have a stickie in duo section outlining what u ask

How to edit channels in dbedit the easy way

is that with having the box hooked to a pc mate ? because i dont.
i have vix 1.3

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 01:07
is that with having the box hooked to a pc mate ? because i dont.
i have vix 1.3

anyone know how to change a channel name in vix 1.3 without having the box connected to a computer, its only like 2 channels i'm talking about so lot of hassle for me to hook it all up to pc etc just to change 2 channel names, ya know what i mean ?

Hope someone can help, thank you guys.

basilyoung
20-05-11, 01:14
you can not rename a channel, via the unit directly

you need to do this on the computer, using db edit or simular

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 01:19
you can not rename a channel, via the unit directly

you need to do this on the computer, using db edit or simular

aww man :(, how much of a pain is that :(, and is that the same in all versions of vix image ?

even my old dreambox i could change the channel names indevidually if i needed to.

Is vix the best image to use on the vu+duo, in best i mean, best quality picture without breakups etc and easy to use, I dont like anything thats too technical to use as its mostly the wife that watches the tv/box anyway and shes worse than me, she defo doesnt have a clue, lol.

basilyoung
20-05-11, 01:26
dont answer if this is a tricky question

but why do you need to change the name any way

as far as the image goes, there are several good images to try,..but that seems ( in view of your comments ) a bit extreme

I assume the listing you have, must be scanned in,...rather than downloaded?

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 01:36
dont answer if this is a tricky question

but why do you need to change the name any way

as far as the image goes, there are several good images to try,..but that seems ( in view of your comments ) a bit extreme

I assume the listing you have, must be scanned in,...rather than downloaded?

yes they are scanned for channels, for example stv+1 on my box is a number like 1234567 (example) and i was just wanting to change it to stv+1

basilyoung
20-05-11, 01:50
you really need to get the unit connected to the net

and use the silverfox listing for 28 east via a download,....once done, its job done

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 02:27
you really need to get the unit connected to the net

and use the silverfox listing for 28 east via a download,....once done, its job done

ok mate, will look into it.

Sicilian
20-05-11, 10:58
Braveheart, I think sgt flipflops settings would be best for you as your in Scotland.

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 19:00
Braveheart, I think sgt flipflops settings would be best for you as your in Scotland.

ehh ???????

Larry-G
20-05-11, 19:06
ehh ???????

come on dude whats so difficult to understand there ?.

SGTFlipFlop makes a sky uk bouquet pack, he lives in Scotland so his packs favor the Scottish channels.

as for connecting it to a computer just buy a flipping cat5 lan cable and connect it permanently.

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 19:22
Ahh I get you now, well I didnt know what he meant did I ? I thought he was trying to pull my leg because I dont know anything about the boxs and connecting them to computer, that was all, and he knows that anyway and I think you do too, I know you will say well go and learn, to be honest mate, Ive learned enough over the years with other things, dont have time much now to be messing with tv box's, infact only reason why I even bought it from sicilian is because the wife likes to watch the tv, otherwise I wouldnt have bothered, know what I mean ?

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 19:24
if SGTFlipFlop's image is Scotland friendly and I can download it and stick it on my usb stick and flash the box then thats easy peasy, but I'm guessing its not, is it ?

Larry-G
20-05-11, 19:25
i dont want to be rude, believe me on that. but you bought a linux based satellite receiver. you must learn how to use it, you have been a member here long enough to have picked up a thing or two surely ?.

in my opinion if this box is too difficult for you to use sell it and get sky in properly. you will be a lot happier and so will we for that matter.

if SGTFlipFlop's image is Scotland friendly and I can download it and stick it on my usb stick and flash the box then thats easy peasy, but I'm guessing its not, is it ?

SGTFlipFlop is a bouquet pack not a image. you must flash it from a pc using a editor such as DBE

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 19:39
i dont want to be rude, believe me on that. but you bought a linux based satellite receiver. you must learn how to use it, you have been a member here long enough to have picked up a thing or two surely ?.

in my opinion if this box is too difficult for you to use sell it and get sky in properly. you will be a lot happier and so will we for that matter.

SGTFlipFlop is a bouquet pack not a image. you must flash it from a pc using a editor such as DBE

wait mate, I know the script with linux based boxs as ive owned them for mega years but never a vu+duo, always dreamboxs, and I always had lots of friends who didnt find it a problem at all giving me their image file to flash to my box so that was ready to go, I guess all those years I was lucky, but since I went from dreambox to VU+DUO and none of my friends have one I now dont have that level of help, surley if its so easy which it is, to save an image file and send it to someone so that they can put it on a usb stick and flash, surley that isnt much to ask and surley if thats the easiest way to do it then why not use the easiest way to do it rather than a more difficult way, it does make sense, your way makes sense too (if everyone wants to sit and learn yet more stuff) which I dont, I prefer the easy way, but I guess now that I have said that I wont get any help at all now, I know how it goes on sites like this and the others, ive been on them for long enough, lol, I just cant be bothered learning another box mate, know what I mean ? As I said, I have other more important things to do and dont have much time for the boxs nowdays, maybe I should have just bought a dreambox 800HD as thats what my mates all done, that way I most likley wouldnt even be posting any messages in any forums right now.

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 19:51
can you give me the link to SGTFlipFlop's fully ready Scotland friendly image please, i typed his username in search but dont see a thread for his image/s ? thanks.

I will even flash it using my computer, yawnnnnnnnn, lol, where is it though, cant find it ?

is it vix based image ? and what about my Cline, how do I keep that in the box ? see, your generating more questions now, lol

Larry-G
20-05-11, 19:57
its not a image its a bouquet pack. you can find it in the enigma 2 bouquet section.

basilyoung
20-05-11, 19:57
@ Braveheart

I as posted last night, reckon what you need to do, is connect the unit to your router, ( will only need to be done once ) first upgrade the image via usb, to vix 2.1,
go through the setup wizard, ( tuner A set to simple single saterlite 28 east ) and the same for tuner B
then with the unit connected to the router, go menu/image manager/software upgrade, the unit will then reboot
then go menu again, plugins,...green button, once the list are there,...select settings, you will then see a list of sat channel listings, select either silverfox listing..or flipflop listings

your unit will then be as you want it

the above should take about 15 minutes or so

give it a go

baz

basilyoung
20-05-11, 20:02
having read your post ( it was posted whilst I was writing up my reply )

you would first need to ftp to the unit, and save your config files in ETC

also after reimageing the unit with the latest vix image, you will also need to ftp cccam to your temp folder, but we wont go there just yet, no point, untill the image is updated

the alternitive,...is to use dreambox edit, and just update the channel list with your unit as is

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 20:07
@ Braveheart

I as posted last night, reckon what you need to do, is connect the unit to your router, ( will only need to be done once ) first upgrade the image via usb, to vix 2.1,
go through the setup wizard, ( tuner A set to simple single saterlite 28 east ) and the same for tuner B
then with the unit connected to the router, go menu/image manager/software upgrade, the unit will then reboot
then go menu again, plugins,...green button, once the list are there,...select settings, you will then see a list of sat channel listings, select either silverfox listing..or flipflop listings

your unit will then be as you want it

the above should take about 15 minutes or so

give it a go

baz

thanks mate, but what about my Cline, will that still be there ? I dont have a clue about that, you see the only things thats been done with this box since I bought it was one guy sending me a complete ready to go image file included and all i done was save that to usb stick then flash to box, then after that i think it was Scoot who's a member , he was great guy, he connected to my pc via teamviewer 6 (
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx ) which is an amzing program for connecting to someone elses pc and very fast and easy too, and he connected and done the rest himself, I tried to watch what he was doing but it was like woooosh, over my head as I wasnt used to it, lol.

basilyoung
20-05-11, 20:16
think you need to check out what you can mention ( card share ) have a look at the rules

I have edited your post

if you got the unit preconfigured, I doubt that you will be able to access the unit, as it would be or should be password protected

so do you no the units password?

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 20:22
think you need to check out what you can mention ( card share ) have a look at the rules

I have edited your post

if you got the unit preconfigured, I doubt that you will be able to access the unit, as it would be or should be password protected

so do you no the units password?

the box was bought from sicilian, dont think its password protected and it certainly wasnt pre-setup for me, so no , doubt theres a password.

Stanman
20-05-11, 20:28
The box is already connected to the net and if you have Internet at some stage you will be at your PC?
I don't mean to offend but in the time its taken you to make these posts you could have taken members advice and sorted it in seconds!
Also check out the webbouqueteditor as you done need to use DBE and can doe it in your browser but will first have to install it on your box using FTP and IPK in image

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 20:46
I'm just worried mate that I lose that thing I cant talk about in open forum, cause if I mess that up I am pretty much fooked until I can get the man to help me which might not be for some time, hope you can understand why I am worried.

basilyoung
20-05-11, 20:52
just getting a full picture of what the situation is on the ground, as it were

from various post, its now clear that the unit is in fact internet connected, ( taking into account a certain line )

but think channel istings downloaded to the unit direct, cant happen, as the 1.3 image is very old

the unit will be password protected, unless the image was never modified, which it has been, due to the presence of cccam

so unless the unit can be "entered" either by ftp, or by webbouqueteditor the only way forward is to reimage, but first, configs need to be either saved, or new ones aquired

BRAVEHEART
20-05-11, 22:07
hmmm, is there a noobs tut for this, I dont even know how to save the configs, would they be able to be saved to a usb stick plugged into the box for safe keeping and do the configs contain all the very important stuff I require to keep my box going if you know what I mean without me going into detail ?

The latest version of vix i beleive is 2.1, correct ?

so is it just a case of downloading vix 2.1, putting it on a usb stick, flashing the box with 2.1, then adding the pre - saved configs, and then hooking the box to the internet and downloading sgtflipflops bouquet and thats it ? where will i see all this happening, on the computer screen or on the tv screen, getting really confused now, lol.

basilyoung
20-05-11, 22:14
I would first get FTP working, via mozilla or flash fxp, or dreambox control centre known as DCC ( all are ftp programes, )

you need to be able to get into your existing setup first, or at least get the cccam config, or line that was given to you, before you do any thing

the actual flashing of the unit is very simple

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 00:24
ok, i have the duo connected to the router with ethernet cable and the router also connected to the computer with a mega long ethernet cable here in the other room, so lets recap, ethernet from router to vu+duo (as the way its working just now), and now another ethernet cable connecting the computer to the same router the duo is connected to, this connection I am on now typing this message is another internet connection that has nothing to do with the vu duo setup etc etc.

so what now ??

Anyone fancy coming on windows msn messenger or yahoo messenger or summit like that to run me through this as this is going to take forever posting one post at a time but if your happy to do that then i'm happy too, no probs ? (might actually help anyway so that i can always refer back to this the next time).

is anyone still up awake, lol ????

p.s, i have downloaded vix 2.1 ready to go onto usb stick too.

basilyoung
21-05-11, 00:37
cant help tonight...knackerd

but, I will be around tomorrow ( saturday ) night, at around 6pm

and will assist you via the forum

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 00:45
cant help tonight...knackerd

but, I will be around tomorrow ( saturday ) night, at around 6pm

and will assist you via the forum

ok mate, i will just leave it all wired up until then then (unless someone feels like stepping in and taking his place tonight, lol ?)

basilyoung
21-05-11, 00:52
the first thing that will need to be done, is establish contact with the unit, via ftp

as far as anyone stepping in tonight,....forget it, its very late, get some kip

baz

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 06:17
ok me and the man who shall remain nameless have been at this all night long and tried vix 2.1 and then 2.0 and can only get FTA channels, when ya try enabling softcam or whatever its called it comes up saying your dreambox software has a problem and needs to restart and your back to square one, all the channels are there, everything is being done proper, but thats all we get, thats it, i am so sick of this now i feel like smashing it into 10000000 pieces.

I'm going to flash 2.1 back on it and then wait here for help, dont think ive said anything here i shouldnt have and if i have please accept my apoligise and edit the post.

cya later.

so much for it all being simple, and thats also with an experienced person too :( (not me)

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 20:45
any help available then guys ?

basilyoung
21-05-11, 20:58
I will be around in about 30 mins or so

but reading your last post, I assume you got your configs from ETC?

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 21:25
yes got configs mate, but being honest, ive forgot most of what i learned during the whole night last night, far far to much info to take in for a first time at this, what the guy done was use teamviewer and then tried step by step to show me how its done, then after all those hours we eventually gave up as theres no way it was working, so i reflashed vix 2.1 and done a scan and thats the way it is now, nothing else has been done.

basilyoung
21-05-11, 21:29
have you downloaded CCcam.2.1 ipk??

have you got ftp access to the unit??

if so, unzip it

Larry-G
21-05-11, 21:33
this is the version of CCcam you need for VIX 2.1

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

third one down 2.2.1

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 21:43
have you downloaded CCcam.2.1 ipk??

have you got ftp access to the unit??

if so, unzip it

we didnt use CCcam 2.1 i dont think, dont know, just what was already on the box from when i had vix 1.3.

if you mean do i have the box connected to the same router as the computer, then the answer is yes to ftp question, but ive forgot how to do that now too, as i said, was too much info to take in all in one go mate, know what i mean ?

i have my configs and channels saved ( 3 files, CCcam.cfg, CCcam.providers and CCcam.channelinfo), i have dreambox edit, and dreambox control centre, and teamviewer 6. thats it.

Larry-G
21-05-11, 21:47
the version of CCcam i referred to is the same version i useed.

FTP the ipk file to TMP on the box, then press the blue button / VIX / ipk installer.

FTP the CCcam.cfg file to /ETC on your box

then restart the box. once done press the blue button again. go to softcam manager press green to start the cam and blue to set the auto start.

basilyoung
21-05-11, 21:49
ok...you need to download the softcam, posted in the link posted by pheonix

unzip it

its very likely, that dcc has the login details...but first, get the cam downloaded,...the files you have saved will come into play later

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 22:29
ok ive downloaded the CCcam 2.2.1 and saved it with my other files on computer, but where do i get the ipk file, i cant find that guys ?

Larry-G
21-05-11, 22:32
ok ive downloaded the CCcam 2.2.1 and saved it with my other files on computer, but where do i get the ipk file, i cant find that guys ?

if you downloaded the file i said, it will be saved as a .rar file. you need to extract this archive using WINRAR. te ipk is inside this archive

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 22:37
if you downloaded the file i said, it will be saved as a .rar file. you need to extract this archive using WINRAR. te ipk is inside this archive

its not a rar file mate, its an IPK file, its called "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk" but it wasnt zipped or rar'd up ?

Larry-G
21-05-11, 22:40
thats fine. FTP that file to TMP on your box

BRAVEHEART
21-05-11, 22:45
this is the version of CCcam you need for VIX 2.1

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

third one down 2.2.1

this is what i got, third one down the list like you said, its defo not a rar file, its a .ipk file.

Larry-G
21-05-11, 22:47
thats fine its the ipk file you want

basilyoung
21-05-11, 23:44
are you sorted now braveheart??

BRAVEHEART
22-05-11, 01:13
are you sorted now braveheart??

yea all done now guys, thanks all for your help, not pulling my hair out anymore, lol, still take me a while to get used to all that even with the training from "the man" (thanks to him), but as he said, after maybe a good few times doing it i will know what i'm doing, but thats the problem, lol, i tend never to do anything to the box's for a long long time and by that time all the info ive been shown will have poured out my sawdust head, lol.

It was that CCcam that was fookin us up, didnt realise that was needed, but know now.

anyways, thanks for all your help guys, thank you :) Job done !

p.s
can someone tell me where on the vix settings i look to check that it is version 2.1 thats installed, i didnt see it showing on the boot screen like the older versions, where do i look for that info ???
Ohh and also, beside each channel there is a little bar, its like a signal strength bar when your looking at the channels in the bouquets, whats that mean as i see some are different from others ??

basilyoung
22-05-11, 11:29
Ohh and also, beside each channel there is a little bar

its an indicator to show how much of the current tv show has left to run

image status ie, 2.1, hit menu, infomation, "about" and the image type/age etc will be there

pleased you are sorted

BRAVEHEART
23-05-11, 00:43
Ahh i see, i didnt know thats what those little bars were, but i do now, lol.

checked the version of vix too and its 2.1.4, so I guess thats me sorted eh ?

I read in the forums that guys take updates every few days or every week, how do i do that and is it worth doing ? like is it just buttons on the remote click click click and they download or what, i'm not too sure ?

punisher
23-05-11, 01:39
Yeh you are on the latest version 2.1.4.

Updates are pushed to fix any bugs and improvements that are found so yeh they could be deamed important. doing an update is always recommended and it can be done by pressing menu/system/software management/software update. Thats it, it will download and install the updates and when its finished it will ask you to restart and thats all you do.

BRAVEHEART
23-05-11, 01:43
Yeh you are on the latest version 2.1.4.

Updates are pushed to fix any bugs and improvements that are found so yeh they could be deamed important. doing an update is always recommended and it can be done by pressing menu/system/software management/software update. Thats it, it will download and install the updates and when its finished it will ask you to restart and thats all you do.

thanks for your quick reply mate, cheers :)

punisher
23-05-11, 01:45
Not a problem mate