PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to auto update Satellites.xml

dymebox
24-03-11, 22:39
With frequencies often changing for channels, has anyone ever seen a script or plugin around that allows this file to auto-update the changes?

If there isn't, there really should be a plugin or cron job written! :)

It really would take that small hassle away.

silverfox0786
24-03-11, 23:59
no there is not mate

the website uses download capatchas

dymebox
25-03-11, 00:12
That's a shame. They should develop a plugin!

Is there any other website that could be used? Maybe for a cron job...

Still trying to get my head around it all tbh, but I gather Bouquets need to be updated in tandem when the changes happen?

silverfox0786
25-03-11, 00:15
no way can the sat xml file be auto downloaded via plugin or cron or script as it got a capatcha that needs human intervention

and yeah u may say jdownloader can but not the new capatchas it cant

dymebox
25-03-11, 00:16
Ok mate. Thanks for info!

Hopefully one day someone out there can make it happen! :)

Larry-G
25-03-11, 04:41
there are only 3 sites i know off to get the.xml one relies on captures as silver said, one requires the user to login and register and the third only generated the file on a 1 sat basis.
the only way to do what your thinking would be for you to download the file eachday which is overkill, once a week is enough for the satellites.xml file

Stanman
25-03-11, 11:53
Wasn't B16MCC working on this, I remember reading his front end database thread on another forum and he did mention developing it so that it would eventually lead to auto updating of bouquets?

Larry-G
25-03-11, 12:11
yes but even with B16MCC'S front end software it relies on us behind the scenes to keep every thing upto date. so we would be the ones downloading it so the end user would not have to LOL.

plus it's only for sky uk at present