PDA

View Full Version : Streaming VU+ Duo to mobile phone

DISCODV
24-03-11, 22:37
Just wondering if it is possible to stream the VU+ Duo to a mobile phone? I have a Blackberry bold.

flopy
25-03-11, 12:54
With android yessss!
Only sd channels..

hitman11
25-03-11, 21:24
I've got a HTC Desire with Android running on it. I've setup my broadband IP cos i can get to the VU+ webinterface externally however whenever i try to stream from a external internet source outside of my own home network, the streaming never seems to work, not on my Desire or through the webinterface. Anyone got ay advice in getting streaming to work on my phone and browser outside of my home network?

punisher
25-03-11, 21:41
you need a really good upload speed in order to stream outside your network, ive tested wit ha 5mb upload and SD works fine on iphone 4, on 1.5mb upload its glitchy and pausy and on 0.5mb upload its impossible lol

hitman11
26-03-11, 12:00
ah of course, the upload speed, I've only got 1.3MB upload speed so that probably explains it. But when im at home, on my home network it streams fine from the webinterface, is this because im on my home network?

punisher
26-03-11, 12:12
Yeh your streaming through your home network so that doesnt effect it as i thinkin it uses download speed not sure

Stanman
26-03-11, 12:42
With android yessss!
Only sd channels..

Which App you using and can you share your settings?

Maxwell
26-03-11, 12:52
I use Dreamdroid and vPlayer for streaming to my phone on my LAN, settings wise its just a matter of logging into your VU with Dreamdroid, the only thing is that when you want to stream you need to select your channel for streaming from the Providers and not the Bouquets or it doesn't work. You will see where when you install and run Dreamdroid

flopy
26-03-11, 13:02
Dreamdroid e vplayer me too ;-)

chrisjones
27-03-11, 09:41
dreamboxlive on ipad and iphone works very well for me

bouncy
27-03-11, 09:55
Dreambox Live works FANTASTIC. I'd love to stream outside of my network too. I think it is possible but haven't figured it out yet.

punisher
27-03-11, 11:03
It is possible just need a high upload speed as it is trying to stream directly from the reciever

specialized
07-09-11, 19:23
im buying a Samsung galaxy S 2 on a Tesco sim with unlimited data.what do i need to install on PC and what do i install on the phone ?.im stream round the house fine . also ,how do you know your upload speed ?.

satmanbasil
12-09-11, 13:56
Hi m8s

I have dreamdroid and vplayer on my HTC dreamdroid is communicating with my VU duo can zap channels etc but cannot watch stream. looking at vplayer setup i cannot see how to config this to view the stream from the duo can anyone help with this.

regards
satmanbasil

OldSkulRide
12-09-11, 14:09
yep, dreamdroid doesnt work. Try androiddreamer + daroon player. This works ok.

sivhead
12-09-11, 14:25
You mentioned that you had a blackberry. you can use Dreambox Air Control DAC for blackberry. (this software is also avilable for MAC, windows7, Android, iphone and ipad. It opens up in its own web interface and uses adobe air to stream the content. Rather than upload the required files the home page is here.

http://www.chrisz.de/

Its free and works really well.

Alan Pee
15-09-11, 18:46
you need a really good upload speed in order to stream outside your network, ive tested wit ha 5mb upload and SD works fine on iphone 4, on 1.5mb upload its glitchy and pausy and on 0.5mb upload its impossible lol
What app do you use? I have a 2.5mb upload speed and can't stream over 3g mobile network with dreamdroid. I can stream with androidDreamer but will have to use vlc player to transcode and leave pc on throughout the day which I do not really like. I wish I can get an android app that can stream over 3g direct from receiver at 2.5mb upload without having to leave my pc on.

punisher
15-09-11, 19:06
the problem is the receiver requires a pretty high upload speed (5mb+) in order to stream directly from it outside of ur network, i.e 3g or wifi. i use dreambox live app on iphone which works great but i guess it coz i have a fairly high upload speed. only other way is slingbox or something similar if your upload speed isnt that high

Alan Pee
16-09-11, 09:51
Thanks punisher, I guess I will just stick with AndroidDreamer for now since I have only a 2.5mb upload speed.

bouncy
30-01-12, 18:40
the problem is the receiver requires a pretty high upload speed (5mb+) in order to stream directly from it outside of ur network, i.e 3g or wifi. i use dreambox live app on iphone which works great but i guess it coz i have a fairly high upload speed. only other way is slingbox or something similar if your upload speed isnt that high

Is there any tutorials on how to setup Dreambox Live over 3G ? I can't for the life of me get it to work and I've Fibre Optic Broadband

punisher
30-01-12, 20:12
Yeh theres a link to a tutorial in my signature below

bouncy
30-01-12, 21:46
Yeh theres a link to a tutorial in my signature below

Sorry I'm not seeing any signature. Not sure if its because I'm using tapatalk on my phone?

punisher
30-01-12, 22:06
Yeh thats the reason y but here ya go

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others...

bouncy
30-01-12, 22:21
Yeh thats the reason y but here ya go

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12061-How-To-Stream-TV-To-iPhone-amp-iPad-amp-PC-amp-Others...

Thank you so much

punisher
30-01-12, 22:45
No probz :D

greatcapp
26-04-12, 11:32
Could you think of any other reasons that this might not stream smoothly?

I'm using Dreambox Live, on an iPad or iPhone, with a DUO box.

The internal network is fine, and streams no problem, but externally, It's VERY choppy - unwatchable really. plays for a second or so, then pauses, then the same.

I have a good upload speed (BT Infinity, around 15-16mb upload, and 75mb down). I thought that should be enough.

The only other issue I can think of is that the DUO is running through Powerline 200mbit plugs to connect to the router, though it streams to my PC/Mac fine through those.

Thanks.

punisher
27-04-12, 09:18
Should be enough as i could stream
Externally with a 10mb upload. Are you doin it on 3g or wifi externally?

greatcapp
15-05-12, 14:57
I'm trying to run it from work on the Wifi connection there.

Thinking about it more. Perhaps that could be the problem.

The download speed in our office is only around 3-4mb, so maybe it's just not good enough to receive a decent stream.

Slingbox works ok from home to work here, but the bitrate for that settles at around 1500kbps.

SHB
24-06-12, 11:43
You mentioned that you had a blackberry. you can use Dreambox Air Control DAC for blackberry. (this software is also avilable for MAC, windows7, Android, iphone and ipad. It opens up in its own web interface and uses adobe air to stream the content. Rather than upload the required files the home page is here.

http://www.chrisz.de/

Its free and works really well.

This looks interesting but it doesn't seem to enable streaming for the Playbook - only control of the box. I've ported Dreamdroid for Android to my Playbook and it does all that anyway (and free).

Does anyone have any ideas how I can stream from the VU Duo to the Playbook, without using a PC as the middle ground. Dreamdroid and Vplayer work perfectly on my Android phone but VPlayer isn't on Playbook yet.

bascoine
24-06-12, 17:12
I can stream on home network but don't know how to set up phone or router to stream while on mobile network.. can anyone help please???

frankblueking
16-10-12, 20:27
Hi Guys I have an issue with streaming to my PC and android. I can stream well but the minute I switch to HD format the video freezes so that it is not watchable. Is this a limitation of my Vu+ Ultimo or some other problem. My setup is in my signature.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused: