PDA

View Full Version : [Rytec/RyVIX-UK XMLTV] how to install rytec on vu.

Comfysofa
24-03-11, 21:21
Does anyone have a walkthrough for installing this...if someone could post a link that would be peachy - thanks.

I have no idea what the prefix means by the way - thats why im asking..heh

tar

bassethound
24-03-11, 21:31
Its installed as default on the VIX image

Comfysofa
24-03-11, 22:43
ok - well, im on 2.0 and ive looked at some screenshots that someone else has shown me and mine looks roughly like theres but, theyve got all the trendy icons down the side whereas mine look a mess....how do i do that then....?

Stanman
25-03-11, 12:13
Do you have an PICONS downloaded?
If not go into the Engima2 settins and download them from SILVERFOX thread and FTP these to your box.
Reboot and if they come up on info bar follow next step
Press the epg button and than menu, enable picture in graphics and reduce the number of channels from 11 to 5 and do a restart.

Comfysofa
27-03-11, 20:30
yup - im there - its all working but i have a question...the epg is sporadic...a good example would be if im surfing the channels i come across say for example BBC1 on 28e and theres nothing there - i then go on to the channel and a few seconds later back into the epg and its all there (on that channel) i find that across all channels going through the epg...is that the way it is or am i missing a setting....

many thanks for your help by the way....

t.ph
27-03-11, 20:36
Try a manual download

Comfysofa
29-03-11, 13:07
Im there - its working now, literally just got it working this morning then left for work....just out of curiosity - i wasnt able to get to the forum from home or work for the last 24 hours - were there ISP issues??? or was it just me. Sorry going off topic, it think im using the rytec epg but i was messing around with cross epg - this is all new to me so is there a "best practice" type of thing to follow, only have one epg running etc etc....

punisher
29-03-11, 22:10
The forum was down for about 24hrs. You should only really use 1 epg provider, i.e. For sky uk i use CrossEPG OpenTV to get epg for astra 28.2e. The best for me so far.

Comfysofa
30-03-11, 11:00
ok - ive noticed that when ive gone to some channels (this morning put peppa pig on the for the kiddiewinks) something else was on - ive seen that a few times but i dont know if its either the provider or the epg thats the problem....this is on the rytec epg....so - what are they steps that you go through to use cross epg? then i could try that one instead.

Thanks for the help by the way....

Comfysofa
30-03-11, 11:39
ok - so how would i stop one and start the other - reason i ask is that ive noticed the rytec epg is quite often wrong so i thought i could try the cross epg....

Comfysofa
30-03-11, 11:41
oh - the other thing was that if i try a "search epg" on rytec it crashes enigma and has to restart...