PDA

View Full Version : CCcam & Sly Setup on VIX 2.0 by dymebox

dymebox
23-03-11, 14:02
I've attached a little guide I compiled when I did it (most of the info from the post above). Hope it helps.

ejmbon
22-06-11, 20:24
how do you convert the digits to a hex
thanks ejmbon

Larry-G
22-06-11, 20:33
google

Dreambox config creator it's a little app by B16MCC

zola25
23-06-11, 07:07
Or you could just use windows calculator.
In windows 7 open calculator click on view pick programmer type the number you want to convert then pick hex

SHB
30-06-11, 09:04
Works like a dream! Many thanks.

aux
12-07-11, 18:59
This tips is for sly UK only or work also for sly IT? :confused:

dymebox
01-11-11, 18:38
This tips is for sly UK only or work also for sly IT? :confused:

I've no idea as I don't have Sly IT. Can't you try and let us know? :)

Stanman
01-11-11, 19:47
It works for CCcam as long as you are using than cam it will work.

hiohaa
22-11-11, 20:04
i can't see a 17 digit number? i have a thomson sly+ hd box, on the back of it is a 12 digit number - in the sly setup menu it says an entirely different serial number , and thats 10 digits.

what should i use - the 10 digit one in the sly menu?

Clabs
23-11-11, 20:28
i can't see a 17 digit number? i have a thomson sly+ hd box, on the back of it is a 12 digit number - in the sly setup menu it says an entirely different serial number , and thats 10 digits.

what should i use - the 10 digit one in the sly menu?

hiohaa

There should be a couple of stickers on the underneath of your Thomson box. Ignore the one that says "serial number. The 17 character one should be on the larger label and look something like *1A23451234512345B*

If you don't have the 17 character one then try this. Open Windows Calculator and on the view menu select "programmer". Tap in the 10 digit number from your Sky setup menu and then click on the Hex radio button. That should give you either a 7 charcter or 8 character code. If you get 8 characters, that should be your boxkey ie 1A2B3C4D. If you get a 7 character code then put a 0 at the start so A2B3C4D becomes 0A2B3C4D and that is your boxkey.

Then as per Dymebox's HowTo, the boxkey goes into your CCcam.cfg file in the format 1A 2B 3C 4D

This should clear all paid premium content with the exception of Pick TV, Pick TV+1 and Premier Sports. If you want these then you can use Oscam/CCcam combo and that doesn't require any boxkey.

Let us know how you get on.

kitsuneyo
24-11-11, 22:27
This hasn't worked for me and I'm not sure why. I've got the latest version of the ViX image.

Not sure I have CCcam installed properly. What's the best way to install it? It's not available from the ViX download manager.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, it's driving me nuts!

kitsuneyo

EDIT - I've got it working now, all thanks to this post: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5928-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images. Thank you Gonzo and World of Satellite! :D

plasma007
08-12-11, 15:47
coucoucoucou

markus625
09-12-11, 12:45
Im a newbie here with vu+Duo vix 2.3 installed, followed the pdf guide.
Downloaded ipk enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk from here
http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html
Transfered to tmp folder
Installed Via vix menu (install Local extensions) selected the ipk file pressed green button and install and restarted gui
Made a CCcam.cfg file with my boxide etc and placed in etc folder.
Now when i go to softcam/ci manager there is nothing there to select, ive tried installing the ipk several times and restated the box but the CCcam 2.1 isnt showing up.

any ideas

also which was does the sly card go in chip up or down.

uPdated

Got it working now by installing cccam 2.2.4 and not 2.2.1 which didnt.

installed
enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.1.4_1.1-r2_mipsel.ipk
and it showed up and installed and started
Also put card face up

Silent
09-12-11, 16:05
Hi Markus,

I had this same issue a few evenings ago when setting up my box, after I'd done all my settings. It didn't work.

I decided the next day to give up and reflash the box with 2.3 and installing CCCam was the first thing I did and it worked. I then just redid my settings. I had everything going again within 40 minutes, also working with my official card.

It may be a bit of a pain to reflash, but it certainly worked for me. Note that when you start installing the local extension, the window should actually say "Installing xxxxxxxxxxx.ipk" or something similar. Mine wasn't when it was failing, but did when it worked, so I guess that's your clue before you reboot.

Hope this helps,
Silent.

Edit: I should have read your entire post to see it worked with an older version! I wanted to install the latest CCCam, which is why I didn't try an older version and opted to try reflashing the box.

Larry-G
09-12-11, 16:47
also just to note, when you do get your box working just as you like it. make a image backup so that if things do go wrong you can go back to that state in the time it takes to do a reflash.

blue button / ViX / image backup.

also do a settings backup

blue button / ViX / backup manager.

GoatBoi
09-12-11, 17:45
Hi, i have my CCcam.cfg file and can connect via ftp but will not let me transfer the file to the etc folder.

im logged in as root.

get this in filezilla
Command: STOR CCcam.cfg
Response: 553 Could not create file.
Error: Critical file transfer error

using the latest vix image.

Sorry guys got it sorted. I haven't installed a HDD yet and had some programs stored on the internal memory.
file system was full and wouldnt allow me even space for this small file

markus625
09-12-11, 23:23
Hi Markus,

I had this same issue a few evenings ago when setting up my box, after I'd done all my settings. It didn't work.

I decided the next day to give up and reflash the box with 2.3 and installing CCCam was the first thing I did and it worked. I then just redid my settings. I had everything going again within 40 minutes, also working with my official card.

It may be a bit of a pain to reflash, but it certainly worked for me. Note that when you start installing the local extension, the window should actually say "Installing xxxxxxxxxxx.ipk" or something similar. Mine wasn't when it was failing, but did when it worked, so I guess that's your clue before you reboot.

Hope this helps,
Silent.

Edit: I should have read your entire post to see it worked with an older version! I wanted to install the latest CCCam, which is why I didn't try an older version and opted to try reflashing the box.

Can you remember what version CCcam you used, ive set my Duo up with CCcam 2.1.4, sky channels are viewable but cant record a channel and watch another.

Can you remember what steps you did differantly that made a differance.

Silent
10-12-11, 15:24
Yep, enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk

The only thing I did differently was install it immediately after the flash, before I even put my bouquets on and scanned.

Cheers

Alias1
10-12-11, 15:43
also just to note, when you do get your box working just as you like it. make a image backup so that if things do go wrong you can go back to that state in the time it takes to do a reflash.

blue button / ViX / image backup.

No need to do a settings backup if you do a image backup.
Settings back up is mainly used if you want to keep your current items eg cam settings when you flash a box with a newer image

Larry-G
10-12-11, 16:18
No need to do a settings backup if you do a image backup.
Settings back up is mainly used if you want to keep your current items eg cam settings when you flash a box with a newer image

at no point did i recommend doing a settings backup. i stated and i quote.

make a image backup so that if things do go wrong you can go back to that state in the time it takes to do a reflash.

Alias1
10-12-11, 23:11
also do a settings backup

blue button / ViX / backup manager.
Whats this then :)

stevekelly
12-12-11, 00:54
Hi,

I have taken out my fully paid up sly card and inserted it into my Duo.

But i only have 9 numbers on the card. I have converted them to HEX and got an 8 digit HEX code but it doesn't seem to want to work.

My CCcam.cfg located in the etc folder and is :

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000

Any ideas?

Silent
12-12-11, 14:40
You need to use the serial number of the box, not the card mate. Look underneath your box and if there are 2 stickers, it's the one with 16 digits you want.

DM72
06-07-12, 02:23
Hi there. Will sly uk card update in cccam 2.2.1?

Stanman
06-07-12, 09:42
Hi there. Will sly uk card update in cccam 2.2.1?

Yes it will

DM72
06-07-12, 10:22
Yes it will

Then I must be doing something wrong. I have had the card in the Dreambox 7020si using cccam for 2 weeks now and I am receiving maybe one or two emm's each day but the entitlement dates are not changing. They still display 4th, 14th and 17th August. The same as two weeks ago. I was under the impression that receiving emm's would change these dates. Please advise!

Stanman
06-07-12, 13:00
Your is updated, i would check nearer time, mine is on August as well.

There is a setting in cccam to allow emm but cant recall it top of my head, will chek my config tis evening.

DM72
06-07-12, 14:17
Your is updated, i would check nearer time, mine is on August as well.

There is a setting in cccam to allow emm but cant recall it top of my head, will chek my config tis evening.

Thank you - really appreciate the help!

Stanman
06-07-12, 19:24
Just checked and you should be updating, all my EMM settings I have # out

DM72
06-07-12, 21:20
Just checked and you should be updating, all my EMM settings I have # out

DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : no
EMM THREADS : 1

You mean these settings - I'm have this done but I don't think it's updating. I placed my multi room card in today to check entitlement dates and they are all the 27th r 24th of August but the other card is 4th, 14th and 17th, the one I have had in my dreambox for 2 weeks.

Stanman
07-07-12, 11:47
AFAIK it does not update every week mate, I would not worry and check nearer the time about 1 - 2 weeks before your entitlements are due to run out.

DM72
08-07-12, 10:56
The later entitlements updated last night into Sept, but the ones that are due to run out in a month did not - is this normal. I thought the earlier entitlements would have updated first!!!

Stanman
08-07-12, 12:34
Are you still subscribed to those channels? not cancelled the sub or something?

Normally all update at the same time.

basilyoung
08-07-12, 12:56
if the card is fully subbed, leave it on sly one, thats the update channel ( i think )

DM72
08-07-12, 13:12
Yeah, all channels and fully subbed but not all entitlements have updated!

basilyoung
08-07-12, 13:16
as said...leave it on sly one for a few hours, then recheck

DM72
09-07-12, 11:59
I left it on sly one all night but no emm's were received and entitlements are the same - is this normal?