PDA

View Full Version : USB Key problems?

banie01
23-03-11, 11:26
Hi Folks,
Came across a spare 4GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade last night and decided to make use of it by moving my Picons, EPG and Swap file onto the USB.

Anyway I mounted the USB key got my picon folder moved across and it works flawlessly :)Big difference to speed on channel change when compared to calling picons from HD :D

However heres where it gets strange!
When I try to create a swapfile I get a message saying not enough space available.
Same issue with trying to get my EPG onto the USB!
Even if I manually add the data it only populates a few channels
I have tried formatted as FAT32 and EXT3, tried FTP,Windows Explorer to move Files!
Even tried adding the Data to the key directly from my PC and still no joy :(
The key is a genuine 4GB tested with various files to ensure the capacity is correct, My picon folder is only @ 25MB so I'm at a loss as to why I cant add EPG and swapfile to the stick when I should have @ 2.75GB available?
Any ideas folks?

kingy29
23-03-11, 13:48
Had a similar problem what I did was to load original image and formated through the box it cured the problem for me and the USB stick was recocgnised with BH Vix and Vti. I use it for epg swap and timeshift.

banie01
23-03-11, 16:49
I got this problem sorted and thought I'd post my solution in case anyone runs into similar.
I opened the drive in Partition Manager software and it turns out there were 3 different partitions on the drive, and although VIX device manager showed the key as 3GB it seemed to default to trying to mount all the data on the smallest(and 1st on the MBR) partition.
I just blitzed all the partitions and merged them into one partition under EXT3 and now all is well!