PDA

View Full Version : OpenPLi unstable again - Do not software update without checking PLi website first

Sicilian
29-05-10, 06:51
As the title OpenPLi unstable, do not software update today without checking their site http://www.pli-images.org/modules/pli_openpli_status_panel/images/unstable.png

Sicilian
29-05-10, 10:28
OpenPLi now stable again http://www.pli-images.org/modules/pli_openpli_status_panel/images/stable.png

dfdream
29-05-10, 13:10
Sic is it stable to online update or does it need a USB re-install.

D

OldSkulRide
29-05-10, 13:53
you can update again. They re-released todays build!

BadKarma
29-05-10, 14:38
Hello All,

I have installed "VuPlus-Support.co.uk Fully Loaded OpenPLi powered image 24-05-10 - Great for newbies". Can and should i update this some way?

Cheers
BK

OldSkulRide
29-05-10, 16:25
anyone else have problem with harmony one not powering on/off box after this update?
before update everything was ok, now harmony usually doesnt turn on/off receiver. Original remote works ok.

WTF?!1

zephyr4
29-05-10, 16:36
Can you tell me how to update my pli image.

Thanks z4

Monty
29-05-10, 17:00
Hi zephyr4.
Hit menu/setup/software managementand select software update.
Your box will download the update, install and configure it.
Once rebooted you should be up to date.

zephyr4
29-05-10, 17:26
ok got update running I now have a message, a configuration file(/ect/ipkg.config was modifide since installation do you want to keep your vertion yes-no

any idea if I should keep or replace.

Sicilian
30-05-10, 06:39
ok got update running I now have a message, a configuration file(/ect/ipkg.config was modifide since installation do you want to keep your vertion yes-no

any idea if I should keep or replace.

Read Montys post again, I think you've selected 'Manage Extensions' instead of 'Software update' ;)

Sicilian
30-05-10, 06:42
Sic is it stable to online update or does it need a USB re-install.

D

When was the last time you performed software update?

Hello All,

I have installed "VuPlus-Support.co.uk Fully Loaded OpenPLi powered image 24-05-10 - Great for newbies". Can and should i update this some way?

Cheers
BK

Yes you should, it will update your installed software and drivers ;)

anyone else have problem with harmony one not powering on/off box after this update?
before update everything was ok, now harmony usually doesnt turn on/off receiver. Original remote works ok.

WTF?!1

Still working fine on my cheapo Harmony 515 ;) Software update shouldn't affect the turning off etc.. Have you tried a reboot? Is your Harmony One set to the correct activity?

Sicilian
30-05-10, 19:39

WTF?!1

What image are you using m8? Have read that a few others are having similar issues with latest drivers.

zephyr4
31-05-10, 09:08
Sorry for the late reply,I did update as told by monty but still got the config message I have tried keeping my config and not keeping it after update my media player keep crashing.

I am going to try Siclians latest backup image.

akhtarmoughal
31-05-10, 10:42
hello is any chance wifi usb gondle work with this pli image thanks

Sicilian
31-05-10, 10:46
hello is any chance wifi usb gondle work with this pli image thanks

OpenPLi does not have the wifi drivers installed. Latest VTI or Dream Elite images have them.

OldSkulRide
31-05-10, 10:50
What image are you using m8? Have read that a few others are having similar issues with latest drivers.

iam now using 27.05 build which is OK. OpenPLi image btw