PDA

View Full Version : Media Player Abomination

plusser
22-03-11, 17:38
Hi.
Is there an alternative to this dreadful abomination?

All I need is a list of files (ie. as per left screen) and to click OK/Play to play them. If I do this in the current MP it plays the file but on exiting play mode it puts me in the playlist with the file added - why? I want to exit from whence I came (ie. file list). Now, if I navigate back to the file list if I click OK, this time it has a different action - it adds the file to the playlist, whereas before it played the damn file.

The way around this appears to adding all the files to the playlist first....but I can't do this! When I try and add a directory, for some reason it always adds only my /Mp3 directory. Whatever I try it will not add my /films folder.

And, when I try an play my playlist of music files, I get one track only and then it stops. My £10 pocket device does a better job!

I've checked my disk for errors - all is OK.

So, is there an alternative plugin anywhere?

Anyone out there got an Clarketech ET9000 as I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship if that has a functional media player.

Regards,
+er

guff daddy
22-03-11, 19:17
AFAIK the Media Player and all associated issues (the ones you mention, plus being stumped by most file formats including wmv and avi) are to do with Enigma2 rather than the specific box. The ET9000 will have the same issues.

I have an €80 WD HD media player (original non-networked, modded for network access) with a 500GB drive attached and I use that for playing music and movies. The VU+ I use for satellite TV only.

wacek
24-03-11, 07:43
Hi, I also got this feeling - media player part of enigma2 lacks really a lot.
Since two weeks I am using dreamexplorer plugin and its great. Finally usable movie player.
I use this file - search forum for dreamexplorer. enigma2-plugin-extensions-dreamexplorer_6.9-OE2.0_mipsel.rar
Theres also "project Valerie" - very, very promising but its not working on my Vu-duo with VTI 2.4

Comfysofa
27-03-11, 09:18
Have you tried "project valerie" - go and google for it....that runs on mine (VIX2.1) brilliantly - it even downloads cover art, synopsis etc etc. Nice simple install plus it goes looking for new versions and installs them equally as easily. Hope that helps.

Comfysofa
27-03-11, 09:19
Sorry - just read the post above....yeah....project valerie....works well...

t.ph
27-03-11, 10:21
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6449-plugin-Project-Valerie&p=56223&viewfull=1#post56223

plusser
27-03-11, 17:09
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
I am now trying Vix 2.1 and am happy to report that a lot of the problems I reported are now fixed - I can add a directory and the playlist is now working.
There are still a few things that could work better but I can at least live with it now.

+er

nzdream
27-03-11, 17:37
Can project valerie manage a music library? last time i looked it just did movies ans tv?

punisher
27-03-11, 17:40
no it has music and pictures on it too :D

nzdream
27-03-11, 17:43
hi punisher, thanks for the info :) what version are you using? is it the one that can be downloaded via the plugin on vix 2.1?

punisher
27-03-11, 17:45
i used this one from here

http://code.google.com/p/project-valerie/downloads/list

and downloaded the first file rev529
(http://code.google.com/p/project-valerie/downloads/detail?name=project-valerie_rev529_mipsel_oe16.ipk&can=2&q=)

nzdream
27-03-11, 17:48
Thanks i will give it a go

nzdream
27-03-11, 17:57
i have installed version 529 and on the front page i only see

settings
synchronize
live tv
movies
tv shows

no music or pictures? could you post a screenshot of what it should look like. Thanks

punisher
27-03-11, 18:04
i will do when i get home in about 20mins lol

nzdream
27-03-11, 18:04
Ok i have got it now. for anyone else doing this I can report that the version from the plugin does not include music etc.

punisher
27-03-11, 18:07
good good. i havent tried the one outa the feeds as it gave me problems on vix 2.0.3. did you get the pictures as well, they should both be there. all in all it is a complete media player in a sense as in it plays movies/pics/music

nzdream
27-03-11, 18:11
Its a shame that it just drops back into the normal media player for the music. I was hoping that it would be a bit better like the movies ie with cover art etc. Or am I missing something?

Comfysofa
27-03-11, 19:18
Hmmm not sure...mine shows the cover art...all works...like a basic media centre build

punisher
27-03-11, 19:34
no my music plays outa the media player on the duo and not valerie