PDA

View Full Version : totally stumped by mgcamd

jassie
22-03-11, 17:14
I have been using ccam without problems, ftp to the cams folder then putting the edited cfg file in the var/etc, but with mgcamd I ftp the to the cams folder, but I don't seem to have the specific file I need to enter and ftp to the keys area, is there a direct link here somewhere? I've been going around in circles for a while, thanks:(

punisher
22-03-11, 17:19
have a look at this topic

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7045-MGCAMD-CFG-File-Location&highlight=mgcamd

jassie
22-03-11, 17:38
thanks mate, I understand that's where they go, but I don't seem to have them, I only have the cam itself, where are they located as what I keep finding seem to be something else!

Sicilian
22-03-11, 17:42
Mgcamd config files go in /var/keys. If using vix you will need to make your own.

punisher
22-03-11, 18:28
newcamd.list is your config file, and mg_cfg is your settings file (google for vix and you will find), of which both need to go in /var/keys

jrbmw
22-03-11, 19:15
what image are you using

regards jrbmw

jassie
22-03-11, 22:42
I'm using vix 2.0, but how on earth would I just make my own from scratch?! sorry for being a bit slow.

basilyoung
22-03-11, 22:45
google mgcamd.cfg

baz

jassie
22-03-11, 23:25
ok I have now placed newcamd.list after editing my bits to it in the keys section and I have also placed mg.cfg there just as I found it unchanged, in the cams menu mgcamd.mp is active and it no longer gives me the message that no file is missing, but I am not 'seeing anything' am I missing something else, I set all the file permissions to 755 as well

punisher
22-03-11, 23:26
should be mg_cfg and not mg.cfg

Alias1
22-03-11, 23:28
ok I have now placed newcamd.list after editing my bits to it in the keys section and I have also placed mg.cfg there just as I found it unchanged, in the cams menu mgcamd.mp is active and it no longer gives me the message that no file is missing, but I am not 'seeing anything' am I missing something else, I set all the file permissions to 755 as well
You are aware that mgcamd is a client only are you not??
I use it in conjunction with oscam

jassie
23-03-11, 00:27
should be mg_cfg and not mg.cfg

yes mate, sorry it is, alas still nothing, might have to stick to stuff with ccam

jrbmw
23-03-11, 19:15
what are you trying to achieve with the cam

j1mgg
14-05-11, 16:22
I am trying to get this to work but am having problems. I have googled and dl mg_cfg and transferred it unedited into usr/var (latest vix image) as there is no folder under var just a keys link that tkes you to usr/keys.

I have also download a newcamd.list and open it up and edited it, but i am not sure if it is correct as i dont understand everything that is in it.

I can paste it if allowed. I have installled the mgcamd.ipk and i have that option under softcam.

Can someone see what i am doing wrong or point me in the right direction as i have looked but must be missing something obvious

Thanks

punisher
14-05-11, 17:03
Newcamd.list is where your n line or whatever u have goes in there (cnt say much else on that) and in mg_cfg is the default configuration settings and both those files go in var/keys. Install the correct mgcamd ipk and start it and that should do it, thats how it worked when i installed it before