PDA

View Full Version : Happy 1st birthday World-of-Satellite

Sicilian
22-03-11, 11:55
One year ago vuplus-support.co.uk was born. I originally set this Forum up so that we could have a dedicated English Language support Forum for VU+ receivers.

In the first few months we had many up and downs, issues with hosting, servers etc..We where forced to move on 3-4 occasions. At one stage we got kicked off a server for using too many resources, right at critical stage of my Training for last years London Marathon, I got that stressed out with the situation that I nearly hit the delete button on the site and called it day, but I persevered, found our current host and moved forward.

Now look where we are today! Over 9500 members within 1 year! From starting off just supporting VU+ receivers. Now we have sections for many more brands and images for both VU+ and Clarke-Tech. Bargain sections, A/V sections and much more. Who knows what more the future will bring!

I would like to thank every single member in our growing community for helping us get to where we are today, without you the members there would be no community! I'd also like to give a special thanks to all the ViX Team for their efforts and help with the Forum and looking after things when I cant be around.

Here's looking forward to many more years like the last!

Again thank you everyone and Happy Birthday World-of-Satellite.

andyblac
22-03-11, 12:01
hehe, we should be thanking you, without this site i would still be using my shitty $ky box. so

Happy Birthday World-Of-Satellite

bassethound
22-03-11, 12:05
I would also like to thank Sicilian for persevering and making the site what it is today big thanks Sicilian :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday World-Of-Satellite

Larry-G
22-03-11, 12:30
and look at what has been achieved in that 1 year.

while most other satellite forums stagnate and dry up, World-of-satellite just continues to grow and improve.

i'm verry very happy to be just one of the many small cogs clunking away in this wonderful site which no doubt is headed for great things.

pooface
22-03-11, 12:41
No more I can say. The others have said it all!!!

This is a great site, with great members and staff. Just like a home and family to us all :D

Thank to you Sic for setting it all up, and perservering with it. You're a top bloke, and a great asset to the sat forums :) And thanks to everyone else :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DrProzac
22-03-11, 12:42
I would also like to thanks Sic for starting this site.
When I was about to get my Vu+ there wasn't much around in ways of support, for us single laungauge folk!

This site and all the members have been a great help to me, in gettig my box the way I want.

Also big thanks not only for creating the site, but to all the coders developers and beta testers who in my opinion have created the best Image as well.

t.ph
22-03-11, 12:57
I would also like to second everyone elses comments

punisher
22-03-11, 13:27
Happy birthday to world of satellite too, im so glad i found this site, helped me when i couldnt really find it anywhere else and turne out to be the bet image best place best support, so big thanks to opening it up and hopefully remain open for many many more years to come :D

silverfox0786
22-03-11, 14:56
nice one guys a very brillaint year and heres to a even better year

:thumbsup:

Stanman
22-03-11, 19:16
I would like to add my own thanks to sic and also AndyB for the great image.

This was the first site I registered on and bought my VU from the than sponsor.

wullboy
22-03-11, 19:59
Happy birthday guy`s.... a great site

judge
24-03-11, 00:34
Wow, can't believe the site is only a year old.
Only a member here a short while & level of knowledge & help is fantastic, presumed it was years old.
Thanks guys, amazing work.

DISCODV
24-03-11, 08:50
Happy birthday, would like to thank the Boss, VIX team and other members for making this site a friendly and helpful site to use.

Sicilian
24-03-11, 18:25
for making this site a friendly and helpful site to use.

I wouldn't have it any other way :)

When I first started this forum I had in mind that I wanted to build a community that aren't afraid to post no matter how noob the question is :)

deano41
24-03-11, 18:30
Just a great big Thank You to all members for all the help in the last year, and a great big Happy 1st Birthday to W.O.S. and here's to many, many more..

notanotherone
24-03-11, 21:43
so are you taking us all to the pub then sic?:roflmao:

Sicilian
24-03-11, 21:53
so are you taking us all to the pub then sic?:roflmao:

Its your round aint it? :p

dymebox
24-03-11, 22:32
Happy Birthday!

Sure pleased I found this place when I got my Duo a month or so ago! :)