PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding

Stanman
21-03-11, 21:47
I am on BE with the thomson 585 router. I have tried to forward a port but when I check on canyouseeme its showing as blocked.:mad::mad:

I have tried this with three different port and all are showing as blocked.

The bloody funny thing is I have a another port open that works fine.:confused::confused:

silverfox0786
21-03-11, 21:55
i got rid of my thomson im with o2

it can be iffy on too many ports open specially going to 1 ip address

restart router or reset it

Stanman
21-03-11, 22:01
Done that but still no joy. The PF is going to two different devices. I currently have three set up which work fine but not this last one.

Stanman
21-03-11, 22:18
All sorted, bloody useless router. slow as anything to respond to clicks when in menu and now this.

Any way solution was to download from this link
http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php?title=Fix_Port_Forwarding its the 2nd link
http://fruk.net/index.php?fruk=585v7forward downloaded and run as admin, otherwis it gives an error, set up the port and it worked flawlessy.

Talk about giving out useless hardware:mad::(

Stanman
07-05-11, 11:39
The saga continues!!!!
After bloody countless tickets they have sent out a new router which is even more bloody useless than the orginal. Initially it would not connect anything even though the ports were showing as open on canyouseeme.org and total non connectivity apart from browsers.
Anyway got partial back with a backup and restore from the old router but still the same bloody thing on the same port to the same device, before a reboot fixed the problem but this time even that is not doing it. The annoying thing is there is incoming traffic to the device but no outgoing.
Now if I assign an internal IP address it will connect, so am thinking its the port that is not forwarding properly even though it is showing as open in canyouseeme?

Done a further test on shields up and its showing as open as well.

Any one got any idea wht the bloody thing is not letting traffic through?

Stanman
07-05-11, 13:30
Figured the lack of incoming connections out;);)