PDA

View Full Version : All in one remote control?

punisher
19-03-11, 08:19
1st topic in the section :p mite be useful to a lot of others but what all in one remote control do you have? Which would you recommend? This is for duo/solo

Sicilian
19-03-11, 08:23
I've got a Logitech Harmony's 515 and 650, both work very well, even with long coloured button press's. The 650 is better laid out and better quality imo.

Maxwell
19-03-11, 09:09
Currently using a Philips Pronto i6400 with no problems

bassethound
19-03-11, 09:56
Logitech Harmony's 515 is a nice remote you should be able to find one below £25 if you search hard enough :)

t.ph
19-03-11, 10:07
Logitech Harmony 515 here also. A great bit of kit at a good price.

notanotherone
19-03-11, 10:18
i have a kameleon remote sent it back to the company who reprogrammed it to do the vu+duo

punisher
19-03-11, 13:09
I mite look at the 650 see what i find :p

silverfox0786
21-03-11, 22:30
the harmoney 750 is good if u need that many devices

banie01
21-03-11, 22:38
I use a Logitech harmony One, fantastic remote! The flexibility of a touch screen and a good hard button layout :)
Also I still think the way you can assign picons to favourite channels on the touch screen is cool :) It appeals to the geek in me!
Also, very easy set up! I have yet to have any problems adding any devices or editing setups with this remote

punisher
21-03-11, 22:51
So far i ony have 4 devices which could very soon increase to 6 but i will have a good look n do sum research before i go for one :p logitech harmony one is a sexy touh screen remote

banie01
21-03-11, 23:05
So far i ony have 4 devices which could very soon increase to 6 but i will have a good look n do sum research before i go for one :p logitech harmony one is a sexy touh screen remote

I use mine for a Samsung TV, Sony AV Amp, PS3 with IR adapter, Vu+Duo, Apollo LED lighting kit(Behind the Tv ;) ) and some IR controlled light switches on lamp and mains.
The setup wizard in the software for the remote is excellent, and allows easy set up of macros and functions.
I moved onto this remote from using a long line of OFA Kameleon remotes(Of which I still have a few) and I honestly thing that performance for pound its hard to beat.

supathug
02-04-11, 07:33
I have a harmony 900 (bought if for the RF) and can honestly say it's awesome.even the mrs can use it which means less hassle for me in teaching her how to do things like watch a blu ray movie or use the media player. The remote has a colour touch screen and can control up to 17 approximate devices. RF is pretty good and reaches all of my devices that have line of sight blocked. There is some fine tuning to do to adjust delays etc for certain devices but I can say I'm really happy I made the investment. ATM it controls the duo flawlessly, a media player, blu ray, amp, Xbox and a tv

Rob van der Does
11-04-11, 21:52
See my footer for the answer.

Blu-ray
11-04-11, 22:12
Harmony 900 great remote does everything except make the tea.

JimboM
11-04-12, 15:16
Old thread I know but might as well add my 2ps worth

Just picked up a All4One Xsight Touch which works great with my Duo

dragoscevero
30-07-13, 10:22
I've got a Logitech Harmony One, work smoothly out of first configuration with my devices: Gigablue HD Quad, Samsung 37" Lcd, Xbox360, Panasonic 5.1 HT.
Other remotes are now inside the drawer.

Stanman
30-07-13, 22:20
I have a 300 ideal for a house full of kids as taked abuse well and if they do break it, only a few quid to replace:thumbsup::thumbsup:

twol
01-10-14, 11:48
Having just noticed that one of our Vix ß testers is using (has?) 5 Harmony remotes, I wondered how many of you guy's have looked at the Roomie Remote? Could be cheaper and more versatile than multiple Harmony's
Runs as an Ipad app and can control any number of devices via their IP address (for E2 receivers as Dreambox) and with some additional hardware almost any IR device.
With sat receivers you get a virtual keyboard, program listings of your choice for most Western countries and the ability to obtain information on specific upcoming programs.

Providing everything is on your LAN can operate devices on any floor

Rob van der Does
01-10-14, 11:58
For commanding a LAN-connected STB there are multiple free apps.
But that far from a universal R/C.
Big advantage of the Harmony's is that they are 'activity'' driven. So e.g. any sound-commands go to the amp, and zapping to the STB.
And starting an activity, e.g. 'watch TV' (activating STB, AMP & TV), is a one-button command.

abu baniaz
01-10-14, 12:32
You can have LIRC on a Pi. I got stuck on installing nodejs otherwise you can have a universal remote including activities.

http://alexba.in/blog/2014/08/10/lirc-web-v0-0-8/

twol
01-10-14, 13:19
For commanding a LAN-connected STB there are multiple free apps.
But that far from a universal R/C.
Big advantage of the Harmony's is that they are 'activity'' driven. So e.g. any sound-commands go to the amp, and zapping to the STB.
And starting an activity, e.g. 'watch TV' (activating STB, AMP & TV), is a one-button command.
Roomie remote is also Activity driven.
E.g. I can switch the Onkyo amp input to Sky or E2 receiver, powering up or down both Sat receivers and the TV or switch to say Sonos or Apple TV with their respective amplier inputs and TV requirements with activity buttons
Also being able to see the respective EPG (in my case German or UK) and find out program information via the Roomie Remote app without having to disturb the current TV program is great.

darucla23
04-10-14, 15:09
I have been through a lot of remotes, starting with an Onkyo back in the mid-80s which I believe may have been the first universal device. My first programmable unit was a Microsoft/Harman Kardon T1000, bought at a car boot sale for £20. Since then, I have had numerous Harmonies, including 300, 525. 600 and 1000. Currently I have a Harmony Ultimate in the main system (15 devices), and the cheaper Harmony Smart Control hub system in the bedroom. Both hubs receive WiFi from the remotes and resend as IR (huge coverage) and can be operated from an Android or iphone OS.

The Ultimate is the best I have used. Although, as the coloured buttons are at the bottom of the unit, the Miraclebox's heavy use of Green for OK is awkward. I need to reallocate some stuff I think.

Donkeyface
25-11-14, 00:16
I did have an old Nevo SL and a Pronto TSU9400 given to me by customers.
I know havea Control4 SR250 and a HC250 controlling a Yammy receiver, Sony bluray, 2x TVs(bed+Lounge) Quad+, XBMC(PC), and a 4x2 HDMI matrix.
Works a treat and the best bit is my Mrs can use it!!!![emoji16]