PDA

View Full Version : only by remote??

woody
28-05-10, 12:41
is there any other way to switch on the box rather than by the remote??what happens if your remote is broke ?

Monty
28-05-10, 12:53
If you got your box hooked up to your network, you can use the webif to power on and off, and select channels.

woody
01-06-10, 07:10
If you got your box hooked up to your network, you can use the webif to power on and off, and select channels.

yes i know that but what if your wife isnt computer literate? there is no way to power on apart from toggle switch at rear of box or power off alltogether

Sicilian
01-06-10, 07:17
Buy a spare remote, Logitech Harmony 515 works a treat. Just make sure you buy one with coloured buttons ;)

hashman
01-06-10, 07:38
Its a shame that you can't buy a replacement remote for the VU+

hope it comes soon, just like its possible for other satellite receivers (sky, dreambox...Etc)

Monty
01-06-10, 09:41
yes i know that but what if your wife isnt computer literate? there is no way to power on apart from toggle switch at rear of box or power off alltogether

Sorry the method I mentioned was known to you and no use to your wife, I suggest trade her in for 1 that has basic computing skills. :D
Or, as Sic says, get the Harmony 515, I have one and my original remote is still sealed in the bag it was supplied in.
The 515 does everything I need and cost me under Ģ20.

hashman
01-06-10, 10:19
going a bit off topic, but having the harmony 525 I have to admit, i prefer the feel of the original remote,
the harmony "clicks" at every button press is lame, and not so user friendly in turning subtitles on/off

but other then these two downsides, i do love my harmony, too bad i don't use it :(
maybe the harmony one would be a better (smoother) feel

Berggren
01-06-10, 17:29
But the Harmony one lacks the colored buttons so it isnīt so good either.
But i guess you can have the colored buttons in the displaywindow if you donīt need them to be hardbuttons.

Sicilian
01-06-10, 17:31
But the Harmony one lacks the colored buttons so it isnīt so good either.
But i guess you can have the colored buttons in the displaywindow if you donīt need them to be hardbuttons.

The touchscreen buttons dont work as well. If you need to do a hold down/long button press, the touch screen is no good.

Berggren
01-06-10, 18:41
Very true, didnīt think of that.
Then you can bring out the stickerkit and make your own colored buttons :D

kingy29
01-06-10, 19:04
The touchscreen buttons dont work as well. If you need to do a hold down/long button press, the touch screen is no good.

Mine works OK have set screen sensitivity to low