PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Mkvs from folder on PC

Zaxxman
27-05-10, 21:02
Hi All,
I am using the dream elite image and have all my Mkvs in a shared folder on my Windows 7 networked computer. When I go to brouse the network my computer shops up but wont expand. There is no firewall on my computer internally but the VU+ duo box will see shared folders on other Vista computers on my network but not mine, any ideas.

grtmoby
27-05-10, 21:06
you sure that network sharing access has been granted in windows. There is a built in firewall in win7, is it off.

Sicilian
28-05-10, 05:17
The windows firewall wont block it. Read here, more or same procedure http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO&p=2724&viewfull=1#post2724

Zaxxman
29-05-10, 18:05
The guide worked a treat Sicilian, the mistake I was making was trying to mount via the menu system not via the double blue button blackhole way as described. Worked a treat, I just changed the share to the folder I wanted to stream from and the user and pass to my PCs one and it works really well. Thanks again

Sicilian
30-05-10, 06:29
The guide worked a treat Sicilian, the mistake I was making was trying to mount via the menu system not via the double blue button blackhole way as described. Worked a treat, I just changed the share to the folder I wanted to stream from and the user and pass to my PCs one and it works really well. Thanks again

Tbh the way you where trying should work, it does on other images, but for some reason with Dream Elite if has to be done through the wizard. Drove me nuts too until I found the wizard :D