PDA

View Full Version : The Adventure

grtmoby
27-05-10, 20:32
First of all a thanks goes to (w/o order) Ant (*********), Sicillian, monty, bob and hummer and all others contributors in our forum.

I finally got my box released from custody and immediately put it into action. I, first, run the original image and made sure i can receive my channels and everything is working perfectly. All went so smooth in few minutes i was up and running. I am called the expert noob :)

Then i installed the PLi image supplied by Sic in here to start my testing. finished the wizard and channels installation. All was ok till i tried to ftp or telnet and so my struggle started. I tried for a while with the help of others and they didn't work. I decided to re-flash and as as it finished, i went to the root password change plugin and set my password. I tried telnet and ftp and yessss it works. Then i completed the channel scan and all other settings.

These are some notes, my be known to the majority but might help others as well:

1- For webinterface, i used the port forwarding only on https which has a different port from http and so i can log locally and through internet with no issues.
2- I am using official ART and JSC card and for these to work on the card slot using CCcam, the clock is 3570000 when you write it down. This resembles the card frequency which is 3.57MHz.
3- you need to install usb2serial from the plugins menu and so smargo smartreader+ would work flawlessly.
4- Don't make my fault and try to backup your image without having a drive connected to the box. it will make it freeze :D
5- In the webinterface, at the very right on top you see an icon like the wifi antenna. If you click on it, it gives you details of your signal strength and so. I liked this being able to know it while away from the box.

I am still playing around and really must say this is a lovely box and so easy to set (first time linux box user here) and i am much enjoying it so far. I shall be updating this post if new things show up.

For now, I hope that I won't get the 24 hr ban :roflmao:

Thank you guys....

Monty
27-05-10, 21:37
Welcome to the club grt:)
All this waiting and now you got it !
If you can get the box to wok anyone can :)
Well done m8, in choosing that box, and picking us to be your friends.