PDA

View Full Version : newbie's and usals some experiences

martyd
27-05-10, 19:22
As a newb I have eventually sorted out my motor and as such usals, I feel it may be helpful to pass on a little of where I went wrong, simple mistakes that have you tearing your hair out. The main one being don’t bother with any type of wall mount other than T&k a 1m dish needs 18” brackets for clearance, the other mistake I made was reading to many guides to fitting a motor and misinterpreting what was being said now it seems so simple. Point the dish south not looking for anything just yet just south, make sure the bracket is plumb then check again 6 or 7 times all round, set up motor and dish as per manufacturer’s instructions set up your box flash an image nimps with vu+, now this is where I lost the plot I started to move the dish and look for 1 west the easy way was ftp some sat guides bouquets into the vu then select a fta channel send the dish there then fine tune, for some reason all the other guides through me at this point, don’t attempt to use a cheap sat tuner and think you will find 1 west with it I couldn’t once you have your channel and picture then use sat meter they do work once your in the ballpark hope this helps.