PDA

View Full Version : skins

hav it
15-03-11, 21:48
i looked at the 3 skins that come with image, and was thinking if anyone recommends any other to download.

t.ph
15-03-11, 23:21
It's all down to personal choice
Take your pick: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?25-VU-Duo-Skins

bassethound
15-03-11, 23:40
I would recommend HD Glass16 ver. 2.33 great skins works great on the VU+ :thumbsup:

and it also works great on the ET9000

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6738-New-Dream-Elite-Skins-HD-Glass-16

punisher
16-03-11, 09:00
Same as basset hd glass skin is fantastic thats what i use after trying so many different ones. If not then default vix hd

Stanman
16-03-11, 20:37
do you install the main file or extract and install?

punisher
16-03-11, 20:56
Should just be an ipk file if your on about the hd glass skin. Put in tmp folder and install via ipk manager

fintannl
16-03-11, 21:16
any reason it is not on the vix download stream?

bassethound
16-03-11, 21:21
any reason it is not on the vix download stream?

Add your request to this thread and we will see what we can do:D

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2763-Plugin-s-that-are-not-in-ViX-feeds./page5

Stanman
16-03-11, 21:36
Should just be an ipk file if your on about the hd glass skin. Put in tmp folder and install via ipk manager

Its RAR file, need to extract and FTP it and than install via IPK.

Have to say VIX HD is still better :thumbsup:

fintannl
16-03-11, 22:00
thanks basset, well i loaded it and yep it ain't half bad. but (and skins are such a personal preference) i simply cannot equate it to the magic hd skin. so i won't vote on the glass skin just this time. thanks again :)

Larry-G
16-03-11, 22:18
thanks basset, well i loaded it and yep it ain't half bad. but (and skins are such a personal preference) i simply cannot equate it to the magic hd skin. so i won't vote on the glass skin just this time. thanks again :)

well to be fair the HD GLASS skin was not written for the VU or ET9000 it was written for the dreambox line of E2 images.

bassethound
16-03-11, 22:20
The HD GLASS skin works great on my ET9000/DUO i really like it not found any real problems

fintannl
16-03-11, 22:44
i did say in my post skins are based on personal preference. in the past there has been votes associated with images. now i swore that there could never be anything better than dream elite, but then i tried vix and never looked back. so how about the idea of setting up a vote system for skin (which is a huge part of anybodys system). its only since vix and magic hd (and agreed by brother who uses sky hd box) that finally we have look and feel that surpass that supplied by sky.

mcquaim
16-03-11, 23:24
For me the Vix HD is the best.. The others have nice features but are way too cluttered. Glass HD could be really good only it fills up the entire screen with just too much detail and navigating the menu doesn't work so well..

Vix HD all the way so far anyway!

judge
16-03-11, 23:43
For me the Vix HD is the best.. The others have nice features but are way too cluttered. Glass HD could be really good only it fills up the entire screen with just too much detail and navigating the menu doesn't work so well..

Vix HD all the way so far anyway!

Navigating the menu is a pain in icon (default mode) but you can switch to list mode & it's a lot better.
You can also turn off some of the info displayed, but yes, agree Vix HD is the best skin for a VIX image.

Alias1
17-03-11, 00:45
Navigating the menu is a pain in icon (default mode) but you can switch to list mode & it's a lot better.
You can also turn off some of the info displayed, but yes, agree Vix HD is the best skin for a VIX image.
How do you switch it to list mode

fintannl
17-03-11, 00:47
ack, now i have to try vix hd skin. it comes down to the same thing though. if you find what you like then be happy. its kinda like a relationship but you have control over the volume and how she looks :-)

judge
17-03-11, 00:55
How do you switch it to list mode
can't remember off hand but if you go into menu/setup/ and keep pressing down through the icons, you should find one that lands on the theme settings. you can change it in there & it makes navigation a lot easier.

georgede
18-03-11, 21:24
I would recommend HD Glass16 ver. 2.33 great skins works great on the VU+ :thumbsup:

and it also works great on the ET9000

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6738-New-Dream-Elite-Skins-HD-Glass-16

I like it too :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pege63
21-03-11, 12:28
installed it from temp but my picons does not shows up anymore i hade them on my HDD but now they are gone?

Alias1
21-03-11, 12:46
installed it from temp but my picons does not shows up anymore i hade them on my HDD but now they are gone?
create the following sym link from telnet
ln -s /media/hdd/picon /usr/share/enigma2/picon
Thats assuming you have a file called picon on the hdd :)

punisher
21-03-11, 13:07
ftp to media/hdd/picon and see if they are there

psionguy
21-03-11, 15:47
There are 2 important criteria’s for me, CCcam info and a large font on the EPG and menu, as my eye site is not that great. Anyone got a good recommendation?

bassethound
21-03-11, 16:11
There are 2 important criteria’s for me, CCcam info and a large font on the EPG and menu, as my eye site is not that great. Anyone got a good recommendation?

I would recommend the VIX 2.0 as CCcam info is built into the skin if you use the latest CCcam and you can adjust font size in epg

if that fails try the link below :D

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclid=CIql_-r336cCFcJP4QodTFPJ9A

psionguy
21-03-11, 18:32
I would recommend the VIX 2.0 as CCcam info is built into the skin if you use the latest CCcam and you can adjust font size in epg

if that fails try the link below :D

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclid=CIql_-r336cCFcJP4QodTFPJ9A

I agree that link would be useful to me :cool:

Can you also adjust the menu font in vix 2.0?

bassethound
21-03-11, 20:47
I cant say about fonts size as they look fine on my 50inch plasma

you can only change font size in the program guide sorry but VIX has large fonts anyway

psionguy
22-03-11, 12:35
I cant say about fonts size as they look fine on my 50inch plasma

you can only change font size in the program guide sorry but VIX has large fonts anyway

I agree, a new TV is the solution, 42inch is just too small, and now all I have to do is to convince the wife!!

Thanks for your advice on the skin, will give it a try.

pooface
22-03-11, 13:48
I agree, a new TV is the solution, 42inch is just too small, and now all I have to do is to convince the wife!!

Thanks for your advice on the skin, will give it a try.

I'll have the old 42" as a freebie then :p. Will be better than my 37" :p

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

Rob van der Does
25-03-11, 11:04
In Magic-(E)HD the fontsize (e.g. in the EPG) is made especially specsavers-users-proof.

psionguy
27-03-11, 10:21
In Magic-(E)HD the fontsize (e.g. in the EPG) is made especially specsavers-users-proof.

Sounds good, does it have CCcam info?

t.ph
27-03-11, 10:25
Yes it shows that

psionguy
27-03-11, 10:43
I'll have the old 42" as a freebie then :p. Will be better than my 37" :p

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

Well I tried to post it to you in the letter box down the road, but you know what it was just too big, would you believe it! :)

Rob van der Does
27-03-11, 16:49
does it have CCcam info?Yes, it does.