PDA

View Full Version : sly+ box - rewind live tv

beezo
15-03-11, 20:19
Hi guys,

i never owned a sly+ box but went round my mates the other nite, cut a long story short, e watched a channel, seen something happen, and my mate rewinded it and shown it me again. I asked him had he paused it or anything that made it able to rewind, he said no

so basically, he doesnt have to do anything but what ever he is watching, he can rewind when ever he wants.

can a vu+ do this??

punisher
15-03-11, 20:23
yeh the vu duo has timeshift to allowing you to pause/rewind live tv

beezo
15-03-11, 20:29
yeh the vu duo has timeshift to allowing you to pause/rewind live tv

so how do i set that up then?? doesn it mean my hard drive records everthing im watching and if so cant this damge it? also thinking about it, if it does work this way, and i catch a film halfway through, i cant see me being able to rewind back to the beginning of the film, am i right??

punisher
15-03-11, 20:35
what most tend to do is get like an 8gb or 16gb usb stick thats dedicated to timeshift. and use the hdd just for recordings. you have to pause first but you can only rewind back to when you switched to that channel, and not to the beginnin of the programme
aslong as you have a hdd setup you can use timeshift straight away

t.ph
15-03-11, 21:28
You dont have to actually press "Pause" first you can just press "Rewind" like Sly

Stanman
16-03-11, 20:53
You need to enable permanent time shfit, its an option in the setup menu, once done it will work just like sly.

judge
16-03-11, 21:02
even with permanent time shift enabled, the instant rewind doesn't work correctly. It seems to rewind a few seconds, forward a second or two & keep repeating that process.
pressing pause, play, rewind works much better, but the 3 button rewind is a bit of a pain...