PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my 500 (clone)

Berggren
27-05-10, 10:43
Hello there!

Today I had a minor powerloss wich resulted in my DM500 to go "black".
The only thing it does now is light up the green LED on the front and nothing more.
Nonresponsive on the remote, unable to ping it, can't see it on the network at all.

Tried with Dreamup over LAN but since I can't ping no luck there.
So I guess the only thing to now is to get a nullmodemcable and flash a new image that way?

Or can it be something else that I need to do?
Is it safe to flash it with the latest PLi-image?

Regards Berggren

Sicilian
27-05-10, 10:50
Latest PLi Jade is fine with a clone.

Sounds like Dreamup is your only choice. Let us know how you get on. I've seen 500 clone's behave in this way and its ended up being the PSU even though the green LED lights up. Let's hope it just needs a re-flash.

hashman
27-05-10, 12:55
as suggested, try dreamup, but via serial port, not lan (as that isn't working)

good luck

Berggren
27-05-10, 15:54
Will try with serialport and Dreamup, just need the cable and the I/Ocard to arrive first.
To bad the new computers donīt have the ports anymore, sometimes we need the old stuff donīt we?

wullboy
27-05-10, 16:42
if you are talking about a serial port, the usb to serial cable can be used on your computer, just down load the correct drivers, ??

Sicilian
27-05-10, 17:03
if you are talking about a serial port, the usb to serial cable can be used on your computer, just down load the correct drivers, ??

Some of those can really be fluffy imo. The best ones are PCI cards for PC or pcmcia for laptop.

Berggren
27-05-10, 17:51
if you are talking about a serial port, the usb to serial cable can be used on your computer, just down load the correct drivers, ??True, but since I got them both for the same price as one USB --> serialcable, it wasnīt much of a choice :cool:

Some of those can really be fluffy imo. The best ones are PCI cards for PC or pcmcia for laptop.True, Iīve got the same experience from work were we needed an adapter and we intially opted for the cableadapter and nothing worked as expected. Bought an PCMCIA and everyting was ok.

Berggren
28-05-10, 16:58
Just want to let you guys/girls know that everything worked out great when I got the cable and the I/O-card.
Flashed with Dreamup and now my box is running latest PLi-image for DM500. So now the missus can use the DM500 in the bedroom and can continue to use the VU+ in the livingroom :cool:
Thank you for your great support here on the forums!

Cheers from Sweden and have a beer, I know I will tonight http://www.pli-images.org/images/smiley/grin.gif
//Berggren

Sicilian
28-05-10, 17:06
I'm glad it worked for you :)

I was a little worried that it could have been the PSU. Seen the samething happened before and it turned out to be the that.