PDA

View Full Version : EPG Problems

Mr. Mister
14-03-11, 22:24
Hi.
Got Vix 2.0 installed on one of my Vu Duo and seems to be a wee problem with the EPG..

When i go to do a download it should show the download screen for about 30 sec to a minute.. Now its 2 secs max.. and only pulls in about 10 programes on FTA channels only..

No EPG at all on the prem channels..

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this please.. ??

Thanks

pooface
14-03-11, 22:26
Have you set it to download any data? Had this happen before, but I'd forgotten to fully set it up :p Assuming you talking about crossepg, as that's what gave me the problem, and xmltv importer is much slower :p

Mr. Mister
14-03-11, 22:58
Hi poo..

sorry buddy.. This is in RyVix menu.. I have tried to do a download on both satmate and Rytec..

also tried CrossEPG and i get the message " Can not connect to database "

I know the net connect is fine as everything else is working perfectly..

thanks

dfdream
15-03-11, 12:37
I lost my EPG Data yesterday so had to do a manual download.
I use RyVix with Satmate UK.
But no data was downloaded.
I tried RyVix with Rytec UK and it downloaded nothing.

I then tried Rytec UK with CrossEPG and it was fine.

RyVix with Rytec UK downloaded nothing this morning either.

Does anyone know where there is a satmateUK current status link to see if its operational or not.

Hi poo..

sorry buddy.. This is in RyVix menu.. I have tried to do a download on both satmate and Rytec..

also tried CrossEPG and i get the message " Can not connect to database "

I know the net connect is fine as everything else is working perfectly..

thanks

dfdream
15-03-11, 16:59
I see there is a new Rytec Sources.xml file released by Rytec and wonder if this is whats causing RyVix not to download UK EPG.

Copied frrom Rytec posts . (I havent uploaded here in case RyVix has made alterations to the config compared to the original)

Here as attachement the latest rytec.sources.xml which is needed to use with xmltv importer.
New in this file is the channelfile lookup. This means it is not needed anymore to put a rytec.channels.xml file in the same directory as this sources file because the plugin will look online (by using the right link in the sources file) to the latest rytec.channels.xml.gz from me.
You can try this out by unzipping the attachement and copy it to /etc/epgimport and remove rytec.channels.xml from /etc/epgimport and do a manual import.

Added multiple URL's for the randomize download option

D

Mr. Mister
16-03-11, 10:30
Hi.. Thanks for the replys..

I dont think this is anything to do with the above.. as all my other Vu+ are all working perfectly.. and all doing downloads..

This is a new one that i have just flashed with vix 2.0

Any other suggestions please.. ??

punisher
16-03-11, 11:38
Have you tried manually assigning dns servers in adapter settings and see if that works? Find your isps dns server address and stick them both in and reboot box and see if that works

Mr. Mister
17-03-11, 12:15
Hi. Had a look at the dns servers in adapter settings.. They are all set the same as my other Vu`s

The only thing i can say now is that its pulling in the EPG for FTA channels only.. and not the Premium..

Anyone got any suggestions on this please.. ??

ps.. always used satmate $ky uk for EPG and still set to satmate.. Also tried rytec.. but that pulls nothing in.. on any channels..

Also, i have flashed back to to vix 1.3 to see if that made a difference.. But it didn`t

pooface
17-03-11, 12:22
Have you tried re-flashing and starting from scratch?

Are you using ViX 2.0? If so, did you use backed up settings from ViX 1.3? As that could cause problems because different settings from OE and PLi... Have you ran all updates?

Mr. Mister
17-03-11, 12:50
Hi pooface..

thanks for reply.. I flashed with vix 2.0 and it did not work. Then i reflashed with 2.0 again and it still did not work..

so i flashed back to vix 1.3 and its still the same..

This is a brand new box and and i have never done a back up on it as i never had it working perfectly like the others..

So i have never reflashed using a back up..

thanks and hope this helps

pooface
17-03-11, 13:04
Have you tried swapping boxes over, to eliminate sat feed, network cables, interference etc? Maybe nothing, but worth a try...

Mr. Mister
17-03-11, 13:23
No.. I have not tried that.. But i will try no and come back and report.

Thanks

Mr. Mister
17-03-11, 16:04
Hi pooface..

Tried this as well buddy.. and still the same results.. Still no EPG..

pooface
17-03-11, 17:01
Hi pooface..

Tried this as well buddy.. and still the same results.. Still no EPG..

Have you disabled all other devices from the network (unplugged them all), and then tried it?

Mr. Mister
17-03-11, 21:03
Hi Pooface.. Thanks again for another suggestion..

I have just tried this as well and still nothing..

Im looking for the biggest sledge hammer i can find at the moment.. lol

pooface
18-03-11, 08:22
Hi Pooface.. Thanks again for another suggestion..

I have just tried this as well and still nothing..

Im looking for the biggest sledge hammer i can find at the moment.. lol

Can you make a backup from one of your working boxes, and then restore it to your non-working box? This is the last thing to suggest. After that, it sounds like a faulty box... How long have you had that box?