PDA

View Full Version : VU+Duo Remote

supermario
14-03-11, 20:08
Hi Guys

Need your help. Just brought my VU+duo with back remote from Dubai on my way home. I am having problem with the remote. The function key up/down = the up key is not working. Out of the four keys i.e. up/down/left/right, the up key is stuck (I suppose its the spring). I tried to hit it on my hand thinking the spring will release but of no avail.

B-t-w, I cannot go back to the shop and return/exchange the remote:confused:.
Any suggestions/comments/recommendations appreciated.

K/Rgds
Supermario

Sicilian
14-03-11, 20:11
Buy a replacement from out sponsor ;)

If you'd purchased from our sponsor it would have been exchanged :)

buz
14-03-11, 20:11
You can buy spare remotes for about £25. Just google it

Sicilian
14-03-11, 20:13
You can buy spare remotes for about £25. Just google it

No need to google, sponsor has them ;)

pooface
14-03-11, 21:21
One thing to try, is get a mobile phone, put it in to camera mode, and then point the camera to the IR part of the remote. Then, try pressing the up/down button, and see whether it gives any response... Just tried looking, and no easy way to take it apart to try to fix, so if nothing from putting it to the camera, sounds like it's defo needing a replacement... Go see the sponser :D

fintannl
14-03-11, 21:40
as pooface says try using a digital camera, turn the red eye on, point yer remote at it and press the buttons, you should see the beams in the LCD screen on the camera, press each button and you should see a beam, the ones that dont show a beam are faulty. its worth checking before you buy a new remote. it may not be a remote issue but instead the way your image accepts commands from your remote control

Desitv
14-03-11, 21:46
Read rule 4

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2-Please-read-the-rules-here