PDA

View Full Version : Stick or Twist

tomthebomb1968
14-03-11, 14:35
Im thinking of another twin tuner to replace a single tuner box thats in the sitting room. I have had the VU+ Duo for a year now and I love it.

So Should I go for another Duo or try the Clarke-Tech.
Will the ET-9000 decode DTS audio without having to pump it through a home cinema amp?

Thanks in advance TTB

Sicilian
14-03-11, 14:38
Im thinking of another twin tuner to replace a single tuner box thats in the sitting room. I have had the VU+ Duo for a year now and I love it.

So Should I go for another Duo or try the Clarke-Tech.
Will the ET-9000 decode DTS audio without having to pump it through a home cinema amp?

Thanks in advance TTB

DTS Pass through does not seem to be working at present, tested myself with my amp. I've not been able to get any DTS audio from any mkv files. Needs a driver fix.

The Duo is a steal at the moment from our sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7057-Forum-member-only-deals!

pooface
14-03-11, 14:59
As Sic says, duo is a steal at that price! But then again, the et9000 is a superb box as well, and only a little bit more... They both function very similarly at the moment, apart from little differences like the bug in DTS audio...

I personally prefer the design of the et9000 box, but it's only a slight advantage over the duo. Picking between the two would be very difficult to do... et9000 has lnb passthrough if that might be of any use to you in the future... Just gotta finish testing the drivers, but definitely works better at the mo than it did before the release of the new drivers...

andyblac
16-03-11, 00:49
DTS pass through working here np, with new ET updates on ViX, testd on Onkyo 875 via hdmi

Alias1
16-03-11, 02:23
DTS Pass through does not seem to be working at present, tested myself with my amp. I've not been able to get any DTS audio from any mkv files. Needs a driver fix.

The Duo is a steal at the moment from our sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7057-Forum-member-only-deals!
The vu+duo is only $499 AU from the Australian distributer now that is a CHEAP price

Larry-G
16-03-11, 06:51
The vu+duo is only $499 AU from the Australian distributer now that is a CHEAP price

And good luck with that if you have to send it back to the distributor for repair etc. If you buy from the sponsor you get UK based support and helpbif needed, and top notch support if I do say so.

Sent from my HTC Desire

Alias1
16-03-11, 07:57
And good luck with that if you have to send it back to the distributor for repair etc. If you buy from the sponsor you get UK based support and helpbif needed, and top notch support if I do say so.

Sent from my HTC Desire
No problem here the units come with a 2 year manufactor warranty :)

Sicilian
16-03-11, 08:01

Pointless in the Uk as shipping would cost a small fortune and as Pheonix pointed out if you have a warranty issue you would be pretty much stuffed.

No problem here the units come with a 2 year manufactor warranty :)

Every country/state have their own warranty policies.

pooface
16-03-11, 10:12

Sent from my HTC Desire

I think that Alias1 is actually from Australia, so would be better for him to order from there, as would be worse for him to send it back here :p

Alias1
16-03-11, 10:51
I think that Alias1 is actually from Australia, so would be better for him to order from there, as would be worse for him to send it back here :p
Yup im an aussie :)

pooface
16-03-11, 11:45
Yup im an aussie :)

Well get back to bed then :p hehe. You shouldn't be up at this time :D

As for tomthebomb, I would defo get from sponser, as seems to be the best deal around (for EU at least :p)!

silverfox0786
24-03-11, 01:51
Well get back to bed then :p hehe. You shouldn't be up at this time :D

As for tomthebomb, I would defo get from sponser, as seems to be the best deal around (for EU at least :p)!

i know its an old thread but 10.45pm is hardly late