PDA

View Full Version : My Vu+ Duo just died...

Hamram
13-03-11, 22:28
A friend of mine was logged into it, in order to fix a few things, but he must hav done something seriously bad stuff...

The first thin i noticed when I came home, was that it was no picture. I restarted CCcam. buf for no good. I then decided to restart the STB. When booting, it did stop with "Vu+ Duo" in the display. It stayed lik this for at least 30 minutes, and then I had to turn it off with the powerbutton on the backside. Now it is dead... The only sign of life, is the red diode in the display... :(

Any good advice..? Is there any reset function..?

banie01
13-03-11, 22:34
Have you a back up image? Try reflashing from USB.
Similar has happened to me in the past and this saved my ass ;-)

Hamram
13-03-11, 22:35
Thanx! Will try ASAP! I really hope it is so simple...

And... It was not. It doesn't boot at all. I can hear the fan and the HDD, and of course I can see the red diode. That's more or less it... I can also log into it via FTP. Is it possible to save it using FTP, or something else..?

bassethound
13-03-11, 22:37
You can disconnect everything ie powercord/usb,s/network cable/sat feeds/and internal HDD

leave for two min then try re-flashing with original image in the front usb

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6178-New-official-version-V5.6

omar
13-03-11, 22:39
i had dat problem b 4 and i did wot banie say to u and its fixed .is gonna be fyn do not panic

Hamram
13-03-11, 22:50
Thanx, bassethound. I'm downloading the file now, will try ASAP! Wish me luck...

EDIT:

bassethound
13-03-11, 22:54
Good luck Hamram make sure you have disconnected every thing :D

Hamram
13-03-11, 22:59
Wow...! This was spooky... Thans a whole lot, bassethound! Now I will do as I did last time I got help from ths superb forum. I will pay paypal a visit, in order to do some payback. ;)

basilyoung
13-03-11, 23:01
and you should,nt allow peeps into your system unless you fully trust them

baz

bassethound
13-03-11, 23:02
Wow...! This was spooky... Thans a whole lot, bassethound! Now I will do as I did last time I got help from ths superb forum. I will pay paypal a visit, in order to do some payback. ;)

You are not the first Hamram to get that sick feeling the first time your box appears dead i nave had it a couple of times :thumbsup:

Hamram
13-03-11, 23:02
and you should,nt allow peeps into your system unless you fully trust them

baz

Well, I DID trust him... It was one of my friends from the school years... He must have had a bad day.

basilyoung
13-03-11, 23:06
to be fair, its not easy to trash the linux based units, you can corrupt the image, delete important files, thus killing the image, but in 99% of cases, a reflash sorts all

baz