PDA

View Full Version : Remove "Deaf Commentary"

ronaldbiggs
13-03-11, 18:17
Hi Just turned to a movie channel and have found that there is an audio description of what is happening. I assume this is commentary for "Deaf People". I have looked in the subtitle settings but cannot see anything obvious to turn off.

Any ideas welcome, I am running vix 2 on a VU+ duo

Thanks

Ron

ronaldbiggs
13-03-11, 18:20
Have sorted it out, just chose another Audio stream, this has removed it

judge
13-03-11, 18:21
I'd guess the audio description is for visually impaired rather than deaf people...
anyway, audio button & change setting.

billy the kid
13-03-11, 21:11
Have sorted it out, just chose another Audio stream, this has removed it

yes but it comes back when you change to other channels..however here is the solution

". for vix 2.0 go to menu/system/auto language selection and change audio language selection 1 to english {especially if using others foreign sats } change prefer AC3 to yes. and i have turned off prefer audio stream stored by service on my box. "

ronaldbiggs
13-03-11, 22:39
Emm... how to feel a T**t in 1 move, I meant to say Blind not deaf :D. Thanks for the replies, will change the settings as advised

Sicilian
14-03-11, 16:12
Emm... how to feel a T**t in 1 move, I meant to say Blind not deaf :D. Thanks for the replies, will change the settings as advised

Got to admit this thread made me chuckle :roflmao:

pooface
14-03-11, 16:26
Got to admit this thread made me chuckle :roflmao:

lol, same here ... actually made me lol for real ... not funny with a class of kids sat around me :p hehe

nedisared
14-03-11, 16:40
:D chuckle!

billy the kid
14-03-11, 18:03
..never really noticed, but knew what you were on about....lol